Evolution

A/N: Thirst was skipped.

I had Kazaranth testing his strength when Optimus returned.

"Hello Optimus." I greeted.

"Hello, Frostwing. Kazaranth." He paused for a moment. "What are you doing?"

"Testing to see how much weight Kazaranth can safely carry for a significant time. Eventually, he will have to carry something or someone. I'm making sure he can do that without harming himself. That's enough Kazaranth." I add.

He set down the weight.

"Have you found your voice yet?" I question.

He nods.

"Then speak. You can simply say my name if you wish."

"Yes Alpha Frostwing." His voice is lighter than mine.

"You are turning out to be a fine Metacon." I praise. "You have earned your place within the clan."

"Thank you Alpha. I will do my best to make you proud."

"That is all I ask."

He rubs his helm against my side.

I turn my attention to Optimus, who is looking a bit wide-opticed at the display.

"Was there something you needed?"

"No. I was only making sure the new Metacon was adjusting."

"Kazaranth is doing fine. You don't need to worry about him."

Kazaranth moved to lay underneath me. I snorted in amusement.

Eager, are you? I tease lightly.

Only for you Alpha.

Optimus, seeing that our attention had moved away from him, headed inside the hangar.

I opened the comm link and allowed Kazaranth to listen in.

He started cleaning my belly.

"Optimus, our scanners have detected exposed Energon." Ratchet said.

"With our reserves at a critical low, we cannot afford not to investigate." Optimus replied.

My instincts urged me to go with.

Are you coming with us? I asked the Metacon below me.

It would be an honor Alpha.

You do not need to be a kiss up.

Alpha?

It's a human saying, I know you have access to the human internet. Look it up when we return.

Yes Alpha.

"Optimus, wait. Kazaranth and I are coming with you."

"I'm coming with." Jackie added.

"Don't leave me out of this." Smoke spoke up.

We all headed through the Groundbridge.

Taking out the Vehicons was the easy part. Avoiding squishing the Energon as we did was the difficult part.

Arcee, Bumblebee, and Optimus transported the Energon back to base.

The rest of us headed inside.

I lead the way in Bipedal form. Kazaranth had switched to bipedal as well.

He was about the same height as Ultra Magnus' shoulders. I was still taller than Optimus.

"No Energon signals." Bulk reported.

"No additional security." Jackie added.

"Keep a lookout. My instincts are screaming." I informed them.

We came to a fork in the tunnels. I scanned for life signals and found none in the one leading left.

"This way. There is nothing alive to the left." I inform them, leading them down the right tunnel.

We came to the end and found Shockwave's lab.

"Well, this is one whole lotta ugly." Jackie commented.

"I agree with you, however there is a third Metacon signal in here." I reply. "Let's see if you can identify Predacons from Metacons Kazaranth."

We keep moving and checking the place out while we wait on Kazaranth.

If he couldn't find it by the time we finished looking, I would point the Metacon out.

He did find it however.

"Switch forms. You'll carry our new clan mate back to base once I get him detached from the rest." I instruct, working on detaching the Metacon, careful to not let the fluid inside drain or the life systems fail.

"Scavenge what you can, we need the tech back at base. Don't touch that synthetic Energon. It's not the complete formula. We'll use it to blow the rest of this stuff to smithereens." I added as I worked.

We managed to clear out any useful equipment and blew the rest of the lab and the Predacon clones up. Kazaranth carried the Metacon on his back.

I had found some spare cabling to tie the case in place.

We were confronted by Predaking on the way out.

"Who's this guy?" Jackie asked.

"The Predacon. Go Kazaranth. Return our new clan mate to the base." I replied.

"Yes Alpha."

"How dare you attempt to steal one of my brethren!" Predaking demanded.

"You are truly a hatchling, aren't you? There is a Metacon in that tank. Not a Predacon." I told him unfolding my Blade and staying in between Kazaranth and Predaking.

The Autobots had to move away from the explosion.

"Accompany Kazaranth out. I will deal with this Whelp." I instructed, settling into a battle stance.

The Autobots left, not wanting to get involved in a fight between the two of us.

I made the first move, slicing at Predaking. He dodged out of the way. We fought.

Sometimes in bipedal, sometimes in our other forms.

At one point I dropped a massive rock on him, then froze him for a few moments.

It eventually ended with me pinning Predaking down.

"The only reason I'm allowing you to live is because you are important to the timeline. Attempt to follow us and I will leave you for scrap." I warned. "You are still only a Whelp. Your armor is soft still. You may be a threat to the Autobots, but you are no threat to me."

I left after that.

I encountered no more trouble on the way back.

We headed back to the base and I connected the Metacon clone up to the power core before setting up what we needed to make Synthetic Energon.

All in all, a fairly peaceful mission.