Out of his head

Words: 832

A/N: Apologies for the day late upload. I have nothing to blame this time except for the fact that I lost track of time yesterday.

I was on the roof, catching up on some much needed rest in the warm sunlight. I was just dozing though.

While I was more partial to the cold, sometimes I liked to feel the sun on my scales.

Both Metacons and Predacons had this weakness.

Besides, it was far too loud inside to get any sleep.

After a while, Optimus came and sat next to me.

"I never did get to thank you." he said.

"Don't mention it. You and your team have grown on me. While none of you activate my instincts, I don't need them to help you." I told him. "You are my friends. That is enough."

"You value loyalty, respect, and friendship the most." Optimus observed.

"There is nothing worse in this universe than betrayal." I replied. It was that simple for me. If you betray me or my friends and partners, you are dead.

We sat in a comfortable silence.

The next day, Optimus, Raf, Ratchet, and I were gathered in Ratchet's med-bay.

"Bumblebee has been complaining of intermittent visions. Waking nightmares, if you will." Ratchet explained.

"But you said Bee was fine when you checked him over." Raf said.

"Physically yes, but we didn't think to scan his psyche." I explained, helping Ratchet induce a medical stasis. "His trip into Megatron's mind seems to be having an effect on his own."

"This induced power down should force Bumblebee's mind to rest and recover."

Fowler contacted the base then.

"Prime! You spot any Cons wearing hula skirts lately?" He asked.

"No, Agent Fowler. Why?" He asked, very much confused.

"Cause I was hoping you'd have a lead on the Cons that busted into the naval observatory in Hawaii. Place looked like it was hit by an army of wrecking balls."

"Did they take anything?" I questioned.

"Frostwing?" He asked.

"The one and only." I stated.

"They took something alright. They took the primary lens from the main space telescope." He informed us.

"It's difficult to guess Starscream's intent without knowing where the lens has been taken." Optimus cut in.

"Good thing the lens has a tracking device." He sent over the frequency for the device.

"The arctic?" Arcee asked. "Great, another chance to freeze our spark plugs off."

"That's an ND-7 class, biggest unminable Energon deposit there is." Bulkhead pointed out.

"Until Starscream melts his way down to it." I commented.

"With the help of the lens." Arcee added.

"Melting a glacier that size would cause sea levels to rise and demolish coastal cities." Fowler cut in.

Optimus gave the order to roll out and we left through the groundbridge.

"It's warmer here than it should be. You won't be in any danger of freezing while we are here." I informed them.

"A lot different than our last polar visit. Feels like summer." Arcee said.

I had been forced to take to the air. The ice had become thin enough that it was cracking under my weight. Since I didn't want anyone to fall through, I had switched forms and taken to the sky instead. Not the most sneaky approach but it would have to do.

"Here, that's a bad thing." Bulkhead said as we caught sight of the Nemesis.

"Autobots, remember the end run on Poly-X?" Optimus asked. They began to form a plan.

"I will help distract." I added on.

"That would probably be best. You are not made for sneaking my friend." Optimus told me.

I flew low over the ice, keeping pace with Bulkhead and Arcee but I was in the lead.

I snorted when they only sent Breakdown.

"This will be an easy fight." I remarked to the two Autobots. They nodded in agreement.

Arcee went for an aerial attack and got tossed away. This meant Breakdown had his back to me. I slashed at him with my tail blade and sent him flying towards Bulkhead.

Bulkhead punched him back towards me and we played a game of 'pass the idiot' for a good few moments. Bulkhead and I were having fun.

Optimus must have managed to get to the heat ray because there was a sudden explosion of heat that forced me to land and sent the other three flying. Optimus landed next to me and I quickly took off again.

I looked up to see Starscream in a dive, heading straight for us and I prepared to defend my disoriented comrades.

Only for Megatron to defend us by flying in front of Starscream and heading back to the Nemesis.

"Well, I didn't expect that. Everyone alright?" I called to the rest of the team.

"We're alright but Megatron is back." Arcee replied.

"I noticed." I stated dryly.

We watched the Nemesis leave before Optimus commed Ratchet.

"Ratchet, we need a bridge."

"You aren't the only ones." Ratchet's voice came from behind us. I craned my helm around to look at them.

One thing that I disliked about being forced to hover.

I couldn't turn around without flying in a circle.

Back at base, we scanned Bumblebee's mind again.

"Everything is back to normal." Ratchet commented.

"Well normal for Bumblebee." I added after he attempted to talk.

I smiled as I watched Bumblebee and Raf interact.

"It appears I'm not the only one who considers the humans friends." I commented, getting smiles from the three humans.