Crisscross & Metal Attraction

I raised my helm when Arcee rolled into base with another new female human.

"And who is this?" I rumbled.

The new female froze in shock.

"Frostwing, this is my mom, June. Mom, Frostwing. He's the one being on the team who doesn't take orders. And the leader refuses to order him around anyways."

"Can you transform like the others?" I switched forms and crouched down to better see her.

"I don't have a vehicle form if that is what you mean." I stated.

Then Optimus walked in and did his speech.

~

"Frostwing, a vehicular form is approaching." Ratchet's voice came over the Comm link.

"On it." I rumble and swoop down, picking it up.

I hear a feminine scream and look through the windshield.

"Hello, June. Apologies for the scare." I stated, upon seeing who it was.

"Apology accepted. Could you set me down?" She replied.

"Of course." I swoop down and set her car down in front of the base doors before letting go.

"False alarm Ratchet. It is only June." I informed them before going back to flying in circles above the base. I was really just stretching my wings.

"Frostwing, we need you in base." Ratchet spoke before I could fly back above the clouds.

I grumbled before replying. "On my way."

I landed and walked inside the base. Ratchet gestured me over and I switched forms as I went.

"What do you need?"

"Do you recognize this magnetic signature?" he asked.

"It looks familiar but I cannot be sure. Do remember that compared to me, you are a sparkling. A lot of things look familiar." I replied.

Bulkhead came driving in. The kids were hyped about something. I smiled at their enthusiasm.

"Bulkhead, I need you back in the field to investigate a magnetic disturbance." Ratchet spoke up.

"This signature is setting off my instincts, I'm going with you." I spoke up.

"I'll go with!" Miko said excitedly.

"Whoa. Stay put Miko." Bulkhead warned.

She stomped off frustrated.

"Why aren't you going with him?" June asks her.

"If I may, Bulkhead is going on a scouting mission that I have a bad feeling about. Arcee is going on a medical mission. Does that help?" I cut in.

"So it's a medical check up?" She clarifies.

"Basically." I replied.

"Be careful then Jack." She says.

"Thanks a lot Frostwing!" He calls up to me as he goes past.

"Lets go Bulkhead." I stated, heading to the groundbridge.

"Hey, you really cheered Arcee up back there." Bulkhead breaks the silence after a few minutes.

"June is just worried. It was the same reasoning I use when my protective instincts flare up." I explain. "All mothers worry for their kids. No matter what species."