Darkmount, Scattered, & Prey

We had taken to drifting in low orbit above the Earth.

What are waiting for again? Jackie asked.

An Autobot ship to appear.

I caught the signal from Jack's phone but didn't fly off to help. I knew Arcee would keep him safe. As long as they were close to one another, Jack wasn't in any real danger.

We aren't gonna help the Kid? Jackie asked.

He's safe. Trust me. If we reunite with them, we won't be able to find the ship until it's too late.

Why are we waiting on that ship? Jackie asked.

Because it will be chased by a Predacon. When we find it, you need to get inside the ship. I'll handle the Predacon.

You sure Partner-mine? Smoke added.

You're alive as well, good. Are you injured? I asked.

No, but Optimus is.

The Forge can repair him. I told him.

The bond fell silent again. We basked in the mental presence of one another, thankful that all three of us had survived.

I picked up something coming into the atmosphere.

Now we're talking! I exclaimed

Let's follow that ship! Jackie replied.

It's not time to show ourselves yet but we can follow. I replied and dropped out of orbit. I reentered the atmosphere but stayed high above the ship.

The ship commed us.

"Who are you?"

"I am Alpha Frostwing Prime. My partners and I are allied with the Autobots, but we operate outside the chain of command. We will guard your back as you search for the members of Team Prime." I informed Ultra Magnus.

"Very well. I sense three commlinks on this frequency. Why is that?"

"The other two are my Partners. We share a commlink. One is too far below ground to respond and the one with me is simply keeping quiet." I disconnected the comm after that.

You didn't tell me it was Ultra Magnus! Jackie accused.

Can you blame me? I know you don't like him, but we are on the same side.

Just don't expect me to talk to him. Jackie grumbled.

We followed, circling high above the ship every time it landed to pick up another Autobot.

The first one it landed for was Arcee.

"Jackie and I are here as well." I cut in after Ultra Magnus explained how he had detected Arcee in the closest proximity.

"It is good to hear from you Frostwing. Where are you two? Is Smokescreen with you?"

"Above the clouds, circling overhead. Smoke is underground, keeping Optimus alive as best he can."

A little while later, we were flying when we caught sight of a massive explosion.

I sped up when I caught sight of the Predacon. Ultra Magnus fired off a couple shots before I dove.

I tossed Jackie over to Bulk before I hit it.

I roared a challenge at it and it roared back.

We fought, giving the Autobots time to load into the ship.

The Predacon managed to escape and chase after the ship.

"Oh no you don't, get back here!" I chased after them.

I fired off a Frost bolt as one of its wings and it became off balanced.

"It's armor is weak. Must have just gotten it's adult armor." Predacons had armor. Metacons had scales.

It managed to get a lucky shot on the ship.

It tried to land on the ship and succeeded. I knocked it off, and threw it down into a canyon. It got buried under the rock.

We flew off to the last group of Autobot signals.

"What was that?" Bulk spoke up.

"A Predacon."

"So that's what those things look like." Jackie mused.

"Not all of them, Partner-mine. However, both Predacons and Metacons have unique signals. I've been shielding mine from everyone. That one must be a hatchling. Its signal wasn't shielded."

The ship landed in front of Bee, Raf, and Ratchet. I landed on top of the ship, careful to keep my claws from puncturing the armor.

The Autobots disembarked.

"Raf!" Miko exclaimed, hugging the human.

"Girl's got a grip, doesn't she?" Jack spoke up, also hugging the small boy.

"Your alive." Ratchet breathed, relieved.

"It's going to take a lot more than that to kill me and my Partners." I informed the medic. He grinned at me.

The Autobots moved out of the way.

"Ultra Magnus?" Ratchet questioned.

"Doctor." He greeted. "I was not aware Alpha Frostwing Prime was a Metacon." He looked up at me.

"I am the original Metacon. I am the First and currently only Metacon in existence." I informed him. "Don't disrespect me or my Partners and we will get along fine."

"Who are your Partners?" He asked.

"Wheeljack and Smokescreen."

Ultra Magnus looked over at the Wrecker.

"He will not be under my command?" He confirmed.

"No."

He nodded in acceptance.

I turned my attention back to the others.

"New paint job looks good, Bee." Bulk commented.

"At least you had something to work with. If I reversed my colors, I'd be pink." Arcee added.

Bee laughed at that.

"The communications link needs further calibration to be compatible with Autobot frequencies." Ratchet told Ultra Magnus. "The Groundbridge however, is fully operational."

"I can help with the comm system." I leapt down and switched forms mid air.

I headed inside to work on calibrating the comm system.

After a while, Jackie came inside to help.