Rock Bottom & Partners

A/N: Before you question Megatron and Starscream's odd reaction to Frostwing, they state their reason for not attacking him.

I was keeping watch from the air at the mine.

"For all appearances, the mine's been stripped." Arcee reported.

"But I'm getting a signal, it's faint but it's definitely Energon." Bulkhead added.

"It could just be a small amount in a place too difficult to reach." I suggested.

"Doesn't make sense. This operation has been abandoned four, maybe five, years and Decepticons never leave Energon behind."

I caught sight of Miko heading into the mine.

"She's making a break for it." I informed them.

"She went in. Unbelievable." Arcee stated.

"Really?" Jack asked. "Have you met her?"

"Miko! Get back here!" Bulkhead called, running in after her.

"It would be kinda interesting to see." Jack said. "You know if it were..."

"Safe?" Arcee finished. "A stripped mine can be structurally unstable Jack."

"I promise to step lightly." He replied.

"Just don't tell your mom. We're going in as well, Frostwing. You good up there?"

"I will be fine. Go."

I landed on top of the cliff and pretended to be asleep. Using my audios to keep a lookout.

It wasn't long before I heard Jet engines. I kept my optics closed and listened carefully.

There was the sound of two Cybertronians transforming. I turned on my Comlink so Arcee and Bulkhead could hear.

"Lord Megatron. Look." I heard Starscream's annoying voice.

"The Metacon. He appears to be asleep. Let us be careful to not wake it. We do not have the firepower to kill it." Megatron himself replied.

"Is it possible we have stumbled upon the Autobot base?" Starscream asked.

"I do not think so. Soundwave surveyed this area only a few days ago. If they were here, he would have detected them. We are here for a different reason entirely. Leave the Metacon be, Starscream." He said in a warning tone.

They headed inside.

"Did you guys hear that?" I received nothing but static.

"Guys? Ratchet do you hear me?"

"I hear you, Frostwing." he replied.

"Can you reach the others?"

A few moments then "No. The mineral composition must be causing interference."

"This is not good."

"I know. I heard Megatron and Starscream. I am glad that they were smart enough to not fire at you however."

I took flight with an alarmed screech as suddenly, the mine caved in.

"What's wrong?" Ratchet asked.

"The mine has caved in. I'll attempt to dig them out." I replied starting to move boulders out of the way.

The first one I uncovered was Starscream. I tossed him aside, not caring about him at the moment.

Starscream had a dramatic moment of talking to himself about Megatron and I mostly ignored him after storing his rant for later.

"Now, will you attack me if I don't attack you?" He wondered looking at me. "I don't think you will, you seem to be preoccupied with finding something. I wonder if you are digging for the Autobots or something else."