Crossfire

Partner-mine was laying on my back, looking over my shoulder at the ground as we flew in a leisurely flight.

We were currently over a forest.

"Look." His servo entered my vision as he pointed to something below us.

I looked and saw a fight between Breakdown, Dreadwing, and Airachnid.

"Think we should break it up?" I asked idly.

"Nah. They aren't near any humans except that group." He gestured to a group of humans.

"Those humans are MECH. No one will care if they die." I told him, and hovered above the fight so we could watch.

I had informed him about MECH and everything he had missed while he was gone.

We watched, making no move to intervene in the fight. They noticed us at one point but since we were just hovering out of blaster range, they went back to their fight.

Breakdown was killed and Dreadwing was tied to a tree.

"It appears Megabitch ordered Airachnid killed." I commented idly.

MECH found Breakdown's corpse before we flew off, resuming our flight.

"Think we should report this to base?"

"I already sent them the video file."

Partner-mine made a noise of confirmation and we fell silent. We knew each other well enough that the silence was comfortable and we were able to just enjoy each other's company.

I enjoyed having his weight on my back and he enjoyed being high above the surface of a planet and watching the ground underneath us.

Our favorite thing to do was take flights with no real purpose together.

Our flight was interrupted when Starscream contacted us.

"What do you want Screamer?" Partner-mine asked before I could.

"Wheeljack? I was attempting to contact Frostwing."

"Wheeljack and I have merged comm link frequencies. You did contact me." I told him.

"Oh. I am in need of medical attention. Airachnid found an insecticon and ordered it to attack me. She has also been outcasted from the Decepticons."

I looked back over my shoulder at Partner-mine.

"We are on our way." We replied. He sent the coordinates for his location and we flew off.

We landed in front of him a few minutes later. Partner-mine slipped off my back.

"I'll keep a lookout." He told me as I switched forms. I nodded to him before moving over to Starscream and pulling my own med-kit out of subspace.

"Thanks for the info." I told him as I repaired him.

"No problem. When did you two reunite?"

"A few months ago. He left and came back a couple times and stayed this last time. He promised to never leave again unless it was unavoidable and we merged frequencies to reflect that promise. Only Metacons can pull it off with their Partners. The merge is also permanent." I replied. "And yes, the Autobots are aware of the merge and what it means."

We talked for a while more, Wheeljack chiming in now and again before we parted ways.

I reported the information Starscream gave us to base and continued on our journey.

We kept the Com-link with base open and listened as they planned on going to take out the Insecticon. I looked back at Partner-mine.

Shall we go? I asked him. The mental link was also a new skill I had gained with my Prime status.