Chapter 1 - Darkness Rising Part One

Word Count: 4729

A/N: You probably shouldn't pay attention to any updates occurring to this story from now on. I've noticed a couple spelling/grammar mistakes and am editing them. Once I've finished I'm planning on uploading my next story. Not sure if I'll get all the chapters uploaded for it today.

I flew over Jasper, Nevada in my dragon form, just a bit larger than Predaking would be. There was no need for me to be larger.

I had arrived on this world a few days ago, a bit earlier than I had intended. I was waiting for the timeline to catch up properly.

I caught sight of Arcee pulling up outside the KO burger and Jack Darby catching sight of her.

Is the timeline finally catching up? I thought to myself. I observed as a couple girls walked up and Jack tried to impress them. A couple Vehicons drove up as well. It is! Now how to introduce myself? I pondered for a moment before deciding on how to make an entrance.

I grinned ferally to myself as I followed the chase from the air. I kept up quite easily, following them into an area that was mostly hidden from prying eyes. The only two humans there were Raf and Jack.

I folded my wings dropping out of the sky and landing on one of the Vehicons with a satisfying crunch. I snapped my helm forward and picked the other one up in my jaws. I looked at the two Autobots and the small humans.

All four were staring at me in shock.

Arcee reached up to her helm and activated her comm link as I turned my attention away from them and started tearing into the Vehicons.

"Uh, Optimus, we have a situation. We could use your advice on this one." Arcee states into the comm link. I mostly ignore them, much too busy with devouring the prey I just caught.

What? I'm hungry and it's not like I'm actually eating my own kind. I'm a different race from Cybertronians entirely.

I glance up when a ground bridge appears, but when it's only Optimus who walks out, I promptly go back to half-ignoring everything but my meal.

"A Metacon." The Prime says in astonishment. "I thought they were extinct."

"So did I." Arcee says and Bee beeps in agreement. "Imagine my surprise when I was getting ready to kick some tailpipe, suddenly that thing drops out of the sky."

You're lucky I'm more focused on my meal at the moment femme. I thought to myself.

"You would be wise to not insult the Metacon, even if it was accidental." Optimus lightly scolds her.

"Why? It's not like the beast understands us." she scoffs.

That's it! I think as I finally finish my meal.

Growling, I glare at Arcee, standing up from my crouch to look down at her. I'm just about to open my mouth and freeze this insulting femme when Optimus speaks up.

"Actually, most Metacons are smarter than the average Cybertronian." he tells her before turning to me. "Great Metacon, she meant no offense, she simply didn't know otherwise. Allow her transgression to go this once." he appeals to me.

I debate for a moment, wanting to defend my pride but also knowing that it was a mistake born of ignorance warring within my mind.

"Very well, Prime. I will let it go this once. You are lucky that I am one of the more forgiving Metacons." I told him, settling back down on the ground. I look around before noticing the humans left sometime ago. "Where did the humans go?"