Shadowzone

Words: 841

Later on, I was standing beside Ratchet at the monitors.

"That is Dark Energon." I stated, pointing to a signal we were currently tracking.

"And it's moving fast." Ratchet added.

"Megatron." Optimus stated.

"Where'd he find more of the bad stuff?" Arcee asked.

"And what's he gonna do with it?" Bulkhead added. "Create a new army of the undead?"

"Zombiecons?!" Miko exclaimed.

"We cannot rule out the possibility. Especially since Megatron seems to be heading to a familiar sight." Optimus said.

"I'm sitting this one out. I'd rather avoid Dark Energon if I can help it. I will be fairly useless later if I help now." I said.

"Very well." Optimus acknowledged. "Megatron has barely emerged from stasis and it seems he is already making up for lost time. Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Arcee prepare to roll out." They headed towards the groundbridge.

I activated it for them, not paying much mind to the humans.

"The kids are missing." I stated over comms when I noticed the silence.

"We have a visual. Send the groundbridge." Optimus replied.

"On it." I replied.

"Frostwing, did the children make it safely back?" Optimus asked a few moments later.

"No. They aren't here, Optimus. They aren't there?"

"No sign." Ratchet this time.

"What happened over there?" I asked them.

"Two groundbridge portals appeared. They fed back on one another." Ratchet explained.

"I'm bridging you back. I'll have a look through my memory files and see if I can figure out what happened. This sounds familiar." I reopened the bridge.

I thought for a few minutes, pacing back and forth.

"That's it!" I stopped in my tracks and spun to face the bots. "Since Starscream didn't appear here, the bridges weren't switched. That means they aren't abroad the Nemesis. That leaves only one explanation. A dislocation. They ended up somewhere unintended." I explain.

"That would explain why they aren't here." Arcee mused.

"But then where are they?" Bulkhead asked.

"I have a couple theories. I just hope they stayed on Earth." I reply.

"Ratchet, is there any way to track them?" Optimus asked.

"If they were lost, Miko would have called me by now." Bulkhead said.

:Why don't you try calling them?: Bee suggested.

"Good idea." He proceeded to do just that.

I was closest to the groundbridge when I heard Miko's phone.

"She dropped her phone." I stated, carefully picking up the small device.

"That's why Miko hasn't phoned." Bulkhead stated, taking it from me.

"Let me try Jack." Arcee said. She tried to get through for a moment before turning back to us. "Nothing, just static."

"You did get through though?" I questioned.

"Yes, it connected." She replied.

"Then they aren't on Earth. There is a possibility we can still reach them though. I remember being stuck in a dimension between other dimensions. No one could see or hear me and I couldn't touch anyone outside of it." I explained. "I really hope that is where they ended up but I cannot be sure."

"Is there any way you can check?" Optimus asked.

"If you can double up the groundbridge once I'm through, I can step into the shadow zone to check." I stated.

"I will try." Ratchet replied.

I stepped through the groundbridge and commed them once I was through. "Try doubling it up if you can. If you can't, I shall have to try a different approach."

"Do you have another way of getting into the Shadow zone?" Optimus asked.

"Yes, but I would rather not use it if I have too. It involves contacting someone and She is very busy so She might not respond." I explain with a heavy ex-vent.

"She?" Arcee asked.

"Metacons were given to Primus as a gift from my Creator. Since I am one of the first, I have a direct connection to her." I explain. The comms fell silent at that.

I started switching through filters on my optics and suddenly, I was able to see the humans. Huh. That's new.

"I have a visual on the kids. They are trapped in the Shadow zone." I confirmed. "Along with an undead Skyquake."

"Can you get to them?" Optimus asked.

"Not without the Bridge or Her help." I replied. I turned my attention to the humans.

"Yes, I can see you three. I cannot hear or touch you though. I'm not in the Shadow zone. I suggest you keep moving." I inform them. They nodded and ran off again. I followed after them.

"Inform me when you manage to double the Bridge. I'll keep an optic on them in the meantime."

Starscream showed up just as I got the confirmation that Ratchet might have managed it.

"Leave, Starscream." I demanded, shifting forms as I ran. He caught sight of my Metacon form and fled. I froze Skyquake's arm once it came through the portal and crushed it.

"Quickly, through the groundbridge. It's ours." I encouraged the kids when they hesitated, looking to me for guidance.

They ran through and I scoped them up. "I have the humans, Ratchet. Close the Bridge and put it back to normal."

The bridge closed and reopened, Optimus, Arcee, and Bulkhead stepping through to meet us.

We returned to base and the humans explained how they had ended up at the battle in the first place.

I, of course, ignored all of them and worked on devouring a Vehicon.