Chapter Three - Masters and Students

Words: 772

  A/N: The video is what Frostwing spies on, after Starscream wakes up Skyquake.  

I was watching the kids work on their science fair projects and converse with their guardians until Raf's volcano blew up. Optimus and Ratchet came over in a bit of a panic.

"Calm down, just a model volcano." I told them as I blew icy air through my vents to clear the air.

"Our projects are due tomorrow." Jack explained.

Ratchet started arguing with the kids and even Optimus got involved. I, however, had no interest in that as I worked on getting the loose fang out. The damn thing still wouldn't come out.

Optimus saw me struggling and came over. "Which fang is it?" He questioned. I opened my jaw and tilted my helm so he could see, before nudging the loose one with my glossa.

He examined it before gripping it. "Let me know if it starts to hurt, I don't wish to damage you, Frostwing." He informed me.

As he worked it loose, Bee started telling Raf a story about himself.

"Then how do you get warrior class? ... But I've seen you in action Bee. You're awesome!" He exclaimed.

"I second your opinion Raf, but Autobot life cycles are much longer than human's. And though it may be hard to believe, our young scout still has much to experience." He said over his shoulder.

An alert went off from Ratchet's monitors.

"Exposed Energon, and it's on the move." Ratchet stated.

"And since we ain't moving it, guess who must be." Bulkhead added on.

Optimus pulled away from my helm, "I will help you when we return." He told me.

"Without Megatron?" Miko spoke up.

"When one leader dies, others rise to take his place. Such is the way of power-hungry tyrants." I told her before turning to Optimus. "I'm coming with, you might need the aerial support."

"As you wish, Frostwing. Autobots, you have projects to complete. Ratchet, we may require aid."

"Science Fair is a big part of their grade, perhaps I'm better suited to remain behind and advise." Ratchet offered.

"Very well. Bumblebee, let us see about this energon in transit."

And off we went.

While Optimus told Bee to wait, I wasn't quite so patient.

I climbed up the wall of the canyon and headed off towards the energon signals I detected.

I arrived above them and waited for Optimus to appear. He came over as Skyquake got close to Starscream's faceplates. He attempted to talk him into surrender. Skyquake hit Starscream away, and Optimus regained his attention.

It wasn't working so I jumped down and landed on his back plates, pinning him to the ground.

Before I could get a good hold, he smacked me with his servo and knocked me off balance. It allowed him to slip out from under me and punch me in the jaw.

The only thing it did was finally knock out the loose fang.

"Thanks, you saved me the trouble of digging out a loose fang later." I spat the fang at his shoulder and it buried itself deep.

I picked him up in my jaws and threw him. Bee and Optimus started getting some shots in when they could. Fowler showed up and Skyquake managed to scan the jet he was piloting.

"Oh great. Time to take this to the sky." I stated as Skyquake took to the sky and tried to take out Fowler's jet.

I leapt up into the air after them and gained quickly on the Con, but not before he managed to take out Fowler's jet. I chomped through Skyquake's wing, and he went spiraling down.

Bee caught Fowler's jet and I landed to make sure Skyquake was dead. He was so I took one of his arms after subspacing the wing as food for later.

"Had Skyquake chosen to stray from his master's path, we might not by burying him today." Optimus said solemnly.

"You know he would have never strayed." I told the Prime before turning and flying back to base, leaving the two to their burial ritual.

I curled back up in my spot and pulled out the arm, starting to snack on it.

The kids came in while I was still eating, but I didn't stop, figuring that they had to get used to the sight eventually.

"Is that an arm?" Miko asked, running over to me. I ripped off another strip of metal and swallowed it down before replying.

"Yes, yes it is."

"Cool, mind if I get a picture while you're eating?" She asked, excited.

"Knock yourself out." I told her, going back to my meal. I heard her camera on her phone go off.