He laughs "Well what can I say? An old man doesn't have a life but his work."

"I don't think so. I think he should spend more time with his family, especially around this precious time of the year." I counter and he chuckles.

"I have to say Justin, Never Was Bad is still making waves. People love the book. In fact, more people are purchasing it now more than ever." He says as we walk on the marble floors to his office.

"That's amazing news, but this new book is going to take everybody by storm." I reply, walking into his office and sit on the leather couches.

"Your fans will love that. Sundown Publishing is really lucky to have you on board." He grins and his telephone goes off. "One second, please." He says and I nod.

"She's here? Okay let her in please." Mr Griffiths says into the speaker before putting the phone down.

"I'm sorry to cut our meeting short but Ms Yolanda Haines is here, probably to discuss the events of the book release next week." He announces before sitting behind his desk. I stand up from the couch. My book is the one being released on Wednesday next week.

"You can stay for the meeting though if you want. It's your book release after all." He offers.

"No, it's fine. I have to go home to my family now. It's Christmas eve after all, Mr Griffiths." I say and shake Mr Griffiths' hand. He grins and I leave his office.

My life this year has been consumed by writing, that's the way in which I survived. I feel like I have only one person to thank. That person being Amara, my love from afar yet so close. She lives in me, I need her all the time. I might have moved on from the heartbreak and grief, but I haven't and won't find it in me to move on romantically anytime soon. Every time I come across a female species wanting to pursue more than an appropriate relationship with me, I look away. My heart still loves Amara and will love her forever and maybe one day I'll find someone but they'll never be able to replace her.

I drive in my new car, a black BMW i8 to my house in New York. I got that car just to spoil myself, the money I got from Never Was Bad was good and selling the old apartment also contributed a little.

I live alone in New York but my parents have visited this season. I would've went to them but there's just so many things to do here with the release day function being so close. I'm sort of a 'busy guy' one might say.

I park my car in the driveway and head inside. The house smells like food and I know my mother has cooked.

As I head into living room, I'm surprised to see a certain blonde sitting on my couch, flipping through channels on my tv.

As if to sense that she was no longer alone in the room, her head turned back and her eyes landed on me.

"Tiff, what're you doing here?" I ask, awaiting an explanation.

"What? Can't I visit my best friend on Christmas eve?" She replies, with a cheeky smile.

These past two years, I developed a friendship with Tiffany. She was the last person I expected to be there for me when Amara died. I didn't even expect her to care because she's only met Amara once. However, she forced communication with me and would always force me out of the house. She was quite determined to take me out of my 'misery' even when I was completely off and rude towards her.

She just never gave up and as time went, I finally accepted her as my friend. I think it's safe to say we've been great friends since then.

"Couldn't you at least tell me you were coming?" I ask, annoyed at her unexpected arrival but relieved because I'm not gonna be spending the entire Christmas with just my parents. My parents are great, but someone around my age to hang around with is much better.