[16] Havoc

My body froze, my eyes widened and my mouth hung low. I was baffled to say the least, maybe my eyes weren't showing me right. I blinked and repeated the action but nothing changed, I didn't know what to do as I stayed rooted to the spot.

Where has the car gone?

"It was just right here!" Justin exclaimed once again, his voice evident of anger and frustration.

"There's no other way, it must've been stolen." Levi seethed, his entire mood turning a full 360 which matched Justin's. They were fuming.

We weren't even gone for long!

"So what do we do now? Can't we ask around, maybe someone saw something." I suggested and Nick nodded in agreement.

I felt like I should help in some way. I couldn't help but feel guilty because Justin had brought us here just to get me out of the house. Now his car has been stolen and it's all my fault.

Nick and I started approaching people around the parking lot and asking them if they've seen anything suspicious going on but unfortunately, no one did...or so they said.

I just didn't understand it, how could a car disappear just like that with everyone claiming to have not seen anything suspicious going on?

"Do you think it was just some lame random losers who did this or is someone actually coming for us?" Levi asked particularly Justin and his words were so low that I almost didn't hear them.

I felt myself getting goosebumps and my nerves were increasing by each crucial second. Why would someone be out to get Justin?

Justin's face turned sour, green eyes overshadowed by darkness. "Nick, take Amara home and make sure that she's safe, and stay alongside her until I get back."

As Justin instructed, he didn't even look worried about losing his car but looked like someone who is out to look for revenge. He looked like he already knows who stole his car and knows very well what he'll do to them.

"What? Where are you going?" I asked, he couldn't just leave like that without saying anything about where he'll be. What if something happens to him? I won't know what to do with myself.

"Just quit asking too much questions and do as I say." He snapped, waving his arms in the air as he did, looking frustrated already.

I immediately shut up, keeping my words to myself. I averted my gaze from his fire blazing eyes, something about his sudden mood frightened me. The way he got angry and shouted at me, it made me think of when I was still living with Ben. I saw my vision suddenly getting blurry and warm tears fell down my cheeks.

***

Thirty minutes later, Nick and I were at the apartment, silently sitting in the living room on couches opposite each other. I was laying back and Nick was sitting forward, his elbows resting against his knees as he buried his head in his palms. The silence around us was tolerated but now it was starting to get a lot of uncomfortable for me, so I tried cutting it.

"Why do you think Justin had to leave just like that?" I asked the question I've been battling to find the answer to. "He didn't mention going to a police station to report a missing car."

Nick seemed to shift around uncomfortably as soon as he picked up my question. He looked to be in thought and making sure to carefully pick out his words while he's at it.

"Justin has...maybe one or two...bad people out there trying to get to him. That's if you understand."

Bad people? I felt every nerve in my body increasing rapidly. I have avoided this before but now there's nothing that makes more sense. Is Justin involved in some mafia gang? That would make all the rumors I've heard about Justin become true. There was certainly baddest behind just being a bad boy.