[68] Mine

I spent the entire day in Amara's hospital room until I was told that visiting hours were over and that I had to leave. I didn't really feel like going, I didn't want to leave her side but Levi reminded me that I needed to take a shower and also have something to eat. I didn't want to eat, I had no appetite for it, it was seriously the least of my worries.

"Just be happy that there's progress." He informs me as we enter my apartment. I haven't been here since...it feels like a decade ago I've been here.

"I miss her." I simply say "I miss her laugh, I miss seeing her smile, I miss her voice, her touch...just everything about her. It hurts so bad seeing her on that fucking bed Levi."

"Yet you sat there and refused to go anywhere the entire day." His voice got louder like he was getting annoyed.

"Because I can't fucking stay away from her!" I yell back.

"You need to give yourself time to process everything and stop acting like a possessive lunatic! You refused to eat anything and said you'll only eat when she wakes up. Listen man, I understand that this is not easy for you, hell it's not easy for Kate and Leah as well whom have known Amara for way longer than you but here you are wanting Amara all to yourself and refuse others a chance to see her when they fucking care about her."

"She's mine Levi!"

"She's yours but not yours alone! Her friends care about her as well. Grow the fuck up and realise what's more important in this situation : the well being of Amara. And that'll only happen if you stop acting like a dick every time." 

I sigh as I lower myself on the couch, feeling my strength leave my body.

"I just...I wish I was able to help her in some way. It's my fault that she's lying on that hospital bed in the first place." My voice goes lower, I don't have the energy of yelling anymore.

"It wasn't the intention, remember that." Levi leans against the wall and runs his hand through his dark brown hair. "However, you can help her by getting a shower, eating something and getting some sleep..
because you really do need those three." 

I want to object because I didn't feel like eating nor getting some sleep but I just nodded and went upstairs to avoid another argument.

I showered and put on any clothes I found first and then went downstairs, Levi was sitting on the same couch I had been seating on and he watching a soccer game with a beer in hand.

I was gonna join him with the beer but found no interest.

"Are you gonna stay the night or what?" I ask after getting some leftover pizza from the fridge, eating it cold.

"I might just stay to make sure that you don't sneak back to Amara's ward." He attempts to make a joke but I don't laugh. I instead consider the idea but then dismiss it.

"I'm gonna get some early sleep so that I can see her early in the morning." I inform him and he nods. Just as I was going upstairs, my phone vibrates and I take it out of my pocket and glance at the screen. It's mom.

"Hello" I say after pressing the phone to my ear.

"Justin! I heard what happened, are you okay? When did you get out of jail, I heard you got arrested. What the hell happened Justin? Why didn't you tell us that Bianca was back?"

Her million questions give me a headache. How did they even find out about any of this?

"I'm okay. How do you know all of this mom?" I verbalize my thoughts, clear annoyance in my voice. This was supposed to be a private matter.