[8.5]Pain

The last thing I needed was to be late for Mr Wilson's class. That teacher was so terrifying that I was scared he'd kill me in my sleep just because I was late to his class. I walked inside, finding a few students already seated. I walked to the back and sat down.

More students started getting in and soon after, Justin Hazard appeared. The moment he walked in, he walked over to me. And his eyes focussed as he studied my every feature. Justin looked undeniably handsome. And the hood over his head that hid most of his face was an unsurprising clichè.

He had a smirk on his face as he quietly sat beside me. I didn't dare look at him again, although I could feel his blazing stare on me. Mr Wilson walked in the class, a textbook in his hand and a mug of coffee in his other. As soon as Mr Wilson began the lesson, I could tell that Justin wasn't paying attention at all. He kept on secretly typing on his phone and if he wasn't, he was looking at me.

The bell rang an hour later and students started walking out. I walked out into the hall, heading to my English class. I saw Justin quickly heading towards me. It happened so fast when he suddenly pulled me into a dark room, the door which was the only source of light shut close. My heart was beating so fast out of fear. Justin was standing away from me. I couldn't quite make out his features, it was too dark in here. I then saw him move, which scared me. What was he going to do? Why did he even bring me here? Was it what he was planning for me all along?

Before my brains could burst, the lights came on. My eyes once again today, met Justin's green ones. They were shining brightly, his features looked calm. He had no threatening look on his face, which I was grateful for. After a while, he started walking towards me.  I unconsciously took a step back the closer he got. His expression changed to confusion as he took notice of my automatic reflex. But whatever it was that he thought off, he quickly let go of it. And that expressionless look took over his face again.

As I walked back again, I tripped over an object and was about to fall, when Justin's hand grabbed mine and he pulled me back up. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I immediately stood up straight, clutching my stomach and involuntarily wincing. Justin's hand was now off mine and his face held a worried expression, but then again, he quickly masked it.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Um..yeah. It's just...nothing." I lied.

"Amara..."

"Yeah?" My voice was as low as a whisper. Somehow, it seemed like I didn't have the strength. So I waited for him to talk. And I wanted to ask him why he dragged me into this dark classroom. However not seeming to find my voice as I looked into his green eyes.

"Pain," he suddenly spoke, and I was still I waiting for him to continue. He sighed, "you're in pain." My mouth opened to talk, but closed again as I found no words to say.

"Pain is the only thing I feel when I'm around you. It's all that I see when I look into your eyes. It's what you have become..."

I never thought anyone could say such things to me. It scared me to hear him say those words. I would try and protest against what he had said to me but the fact was, all that he said was true.

"W-what?"

"Don't try deny it cakes. I can see straight through you. Your façade doesn't blind me. I know exactly what you are doing." He replied, keeping on a straight face as per usual. I took a deep breath, releasing it slowly. Justin walked closer to me and stopped just centimeters away. I shut my eyes momentarily.

"See, maybe you're right," I said, still feeling the sharp pain in my stomach. "Maybe I'm in a great deal of pain that even you can see. But beside all that, I don't see where you fit in. You don't know me."

"That's where you're wrong," he chuckled. "I know more about you than you think."

When he left the room, I could not get what he said to me out of my head. It scared me that the more I saw Justin, the more he seemed to know that I was abused.

"Hey Hanna." I smiled at her as I walked in. I closed the door behind me to stop the cold from entering the warm library. As usual, Hanna was seated in her seat behind the desk, a cup of coffee in front of her and a book in her hand.

"Hello Amara. Sit down," she said and I sat opposite her. I placed my bag on the desk.

"Something warm to drink?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I don't really feel like anything." I said, my voice barely above a whisper. Hanna gave me a look before finally asking the expected question.

"What's wrong Amara?"

I swallowed, wondering if I could tell Hanna this or not.

"It's about Justin Hazard." I answered truthfully.

She sighed exasparatedly.

"That boy again. Does he bother you Amara? Because I swear if he does--" I didn't know how to reply but before I knew it, I shook my head, stopping her sentence from continuing.

"He doesn't? Then what is it?" She asked. I wanted to tell her about Justin but I really didn't know what to say. I didn't even know where to start.

"Just...never mind. It's nothing." I said, trying to clear the air off Justin's name.

"Okay...but you would tell me if he was bothering you, right?" She asked and I nodded right away.

"I think I'll have that warm drink after all." I said as I stood up. Hanna got up and heated up the water.