[5]Hide your pain

I spent the past hour trying so hard to hide the purple bruise on my left temple with my hair, the make up I put on it couldn't disguise it enough. It still looked somewhat conspicuous.

A few minutes later, I finally managed to cover it up. Although I didn't feel like going anywhere considering that I could barely walk because of the excruciating pain in my body, I couldn't stay longer in this house either.

As soon as I packed my books, slid my phone in my jeans' pocket and swung my bag over my shoulder, I walked out of my bedroom. I couldn't help but glance from left to right, and I sighed in relief when I didn't see Ben.

I was glad to have spent that morning without seeing his face.

"Leah you owe me lunch," Kate laughed and Leah nodded her head, a bright smile on her face.

"I know. I kind of let you win so don't be all so excited." Kate put her hand on her heart and gasped dramatically.

"Whatever," she muttered under her breath. Leah rolled her eyes playfully.

"Amara, are you okay?" Kate's concerned look caught me off-guard. "You barely said."

I shook my head and smiled lightly, knowing I had to pull myself together. "I'm just tired. Barely slept last night."

"You kind of look like you're in pain." Leah assesed after eyeing me. I instantly shook my head again, ignoring the throbbing pain I felt. The bell then rang, a little burst of relief settling in me.

"No. That's ridiculous. I better rush to class. I don't want to find myself in the bad books of Mr Wilson." I excused myself. Kate and Leah exchanged a look before nodding at me. I took that as my chance and walked in the opposite direction. I couldn't make them even more suspicious than they already were. I clutched onto the straps of my bag tightly, trying to control the pain I was feeling. My stomach rumbled from hunger, reminding me that the last time I ate was yesterday morning. That little thought made me feel the energy slowly escaping my body. I was thankful to make it to class in time, considering how slow I was walking.

I went straight to my seat in the back of the class, grateful to finally be sitting down. I tried by all means not to let the physical pain show on my face. More students poured in and took their seats. When Justin Hazard walked in, I realized that the only reason I was looking at the door was because I was waiting to see him walk in. I didn't know why I thought he wouldn't be here in school today. I glanced at him inconspicuously. He was dressed in dark blue skinny jeans and a black hoodie. His bronze hair was messily falling onto his forehead as he walked. And I didn't realize he was walking towards me until his image came nearer and nearer my vision. And then Justin Hazard was standing in front of me. His eyes met mine for a moment. And then he averted his gaze and took a seat next to me.

Oh great! He sits next to me again.

Mr Wilson walked in and the class went eerily quiet. He had a permanent scowl plastered on his lips and stood in front of the class. We had to stand up, and I hissed a little when I did. And it was the most stupid thing to do because Justin then eyed me. He shamelessly looked at me for sometime. I didn't let my eyes meet his, afraid that he would see the emotions I was trying to hide, so raw in my eyes.

I felt so uncomfortable under his intense gaze. He was the boy I insulted just yesterday and the worst part was that, no one ever insulted him.

"Morning class." Mr Wilson spoke, his voice wild and loud.