[8]Dinner

I walked to my bedroom hurriedly, but my hopes crushed as Ben grabbed my arm. "Not so fast Amara."

"What do you want?" I asked, trying to sound less scared and more confident than I've ever sounded towards him.

"I have dinner with someone this night. She is a potential investor in my business, so I have to do dinner with her. Gosh if it weren't for those selfish parents of yours, I wouldn't have to be doing any of this!"

I bit my tongue, trying to ignore what he said about my parents.

"And I don't get where I fit in?" I replied, harsher than I probably should.

"Getting confident now are we?" He smirked, his voice laced with humour. Maybe to him the whole situation was funny. But to me, I never wanted to kill him so bad.

"Just leave me alone and focus on your meeting then." I stated, attempting to walk away. His grip on my wrist tightened. And when I looked at his face again, it was clear off any mock but intimidation.

"You have to be present in the dinner. The potential investor knows I live with my niece. So we need to look like a perfect little family." I clenched my jaw in anger.

"So you didn't tell your potential investor that you rape your family?" The words forced through my clenched teeth. Ben tensed and then glared at me.

"I swear you don't want to be on the receiving end of my anger right now little girl."

I had managed to piss him off.

By telling the truth.

The truth pissed him off.

"And did you also tell them you hit me every single day and the last time that happened, you used a knife on me? Your own 'perfect little family?'"

Ben then lost it. He let go of my arm and pushed me violently to the ground. I groaned in pain shooting in my side.

"Listen, you are gonna go get ready now. Dinner is in two fucking hours and you better show up!" He yelled. I glared at him harder.

"I'm not coming!" I spat angrily. I was so confident today and I loved every second of it. Of pissing him off, even though it would only end in me getting beat the shit out of.

"You have no choice."

The tall lady was formally dressed in a knee length black pencil skirt, a white blouse and a black blazer. Her dark blonde hair was in a tight bun, no strands falling to her face. She had on faint make up, and the closer I got, the brighter her brown eyes became. She looked very beautiful and bright but standing next to Ben. Someone so cruel and dark.

"Hi. You must be the potential investor." I forced the words out.

"Yes. My name's Daisy Banks. You must be Mr Hart's niece, uhh Mary?" She held her hand out for me. I shook her hand lightly.

"Amara." I corrected her. She gave a faint smile.

"Forgive me, my bad. It's nice to meet you Amara."

"Yeah, nice to meet you too." I was getting sick of the formalities.

"Ms Banks could you please go grab a seat in the sitting room? First door to your right." Ben said and she nodded, making her way. After she was out of sight, Ben glared at me.

"I don't even want to be in this dinner." I said. He gripped my injured arm tightly and I hissed in pain.

"You are fucking being in this dinner. Whether you like it or not." He replied, and walked in the direction of the sitting room. I had no choice but to follow him. My feelings burning with hatred for him.

Daisy was typing something on her phone and looked up when we walked in. Ben smiled politely, but he was just faking it. He sat down and forced me to sit next to him, shooting me a secret glare. Daisy was sat right opposite us. I felt really uncomfortable sitting next to Ben.

But he didn't care. And maybe he loved that I felt uncomfortable the entire time next to him.