[80] Jail Visits

"She came here? What the fuck did she tell you?" Justin asks, leaving the vegetables he was chopping.

"That Bianca has a mental illness and doesn't deserve to be in jail." I replied.

Justin scoffs "Load of crap. I hope that's what you told her."

I close the pot after stirring and turn around. "I didn't give in but don't you maybe think that we should think more on her side of things? Like put yourself in Daisy's shoes, her daughter is in jail and she's sick. She's doing everything she can to get her out and we aren't making it easy to her."

"Amara get those thoughts out of your head. Bianca Banks brought all this to herself the moment she thought about deceiving me. Let her enjoy her fate."

I cross my arms "How can you not even try to think about this in a different way? I don't want to be a horrible person."

"Cakes stop this. Those people and your dead uncle tried taking you away from me. I can't just forgive and forget, hell no. Let Bianca be where she is, and your uncle is perfect situated in hell."

I drop the spoon I was holding, my jaw dropping.

"How can you say something like that?"

Justin looks at me "I was joking, relax. I'm not saying anything good about the both of them but I'm taking back my words for you."

I sigh "I'm still thinking that...I should maybe go see Bianca tomorrow."

"Why would you do that? I'd get sick by the sight of her." He remarks.

"Funny but I'm going there to see if I can find it in me to drop the charges." I answer.

Justin walks over to me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"I don't want this at all cakes but I'm behind every decision you take. I'll support you no matter what you choose to do but please think clearly and be sure before you take any decisions." He kisses my forehead and I rest my head against his chest.

"I love you always." I say and he kisses the top of my head.

"Took the words right out of my mouth babe."

******

I wake up in the morning with a very anxious feeling.

My chest feels heavy, probably because of what I have to do today.

I manage to shower, not feeling like myself at all. Justin tries again to change my mind about going to see Bianca but I don't budge, this is what I have to do.

If there's going to be any progress in my life, this is how it starts.

Justin drives me to the correctional supervision center and I get more anxious and nervous.

"You sure you still want to do this babe?" Justin asks just as he parks the car. I nod.

"Yeah, I need to move forward."

"You can still do that with Bianca still in prison."

"It won't be the same."

"How so?"

"I just know it won't."

Justin puts his hand on top of mine.

"You are way too forgiving cakes. But I love you and trust you enough to know that you're not gonna do something you'll regret. If Bianca tries anything once she's out, I will make sure that she is back in that cell. I will protect you with my life Amara."

I smile and lean across to kiss him. Justin kisses me back before stopping to look into my eyes.

Fifteen minutes later, Justin and I walk into the centre and the negative vibe in the air does me no good.