[73] Panic attacks and pubs

[Amara's P.O.V]

"We should throw a welcome home party." Someone speaks and I look up from my half-eaten caramel muffin to the source of the voice. Kate. I noticed how she cut her brown hair at the ends, just a small part but it looks really beautiful.

Her suggestion of a welcome back party sounds ridiculous when I think about it.

A party? I don't know how I really feel about that. I mean I'll just be out of hospital, I don't think I'll be able to handle a party even if I wanted to. 

"Hell no." I'm about to answer her but someone beats me to it. I look from Kate to him. I am sort of agreeing with Justin, I'm just not fond of how harsh his words and tone were.

"Why? I think we should celebrate that she's out of the hospital." Kate replies and I see the annoyance mixed with anger that flashes in Justin's eyes. This can't be good.  

"I fucking said no." He places the muffin he was eating on the counter, the side on his hand hitting against the counter with so much force that the coffee shakes but thankfully doesn't fall. Justin doesn' t even seem to care or notice.

"It's not up to you to decide Justin." Kate stands her ground and this argument of theirs is starting to make me feel a bit uncomfortable, not to mention that I'm getting a headache.

"Fuck Kate! It's my fucking house and I have a right to decide whatever shit I want. I don't want people coming to my house and that's that." Justin yells and Kate doesn't even flinch but glares at him. Both of them look utterly pissed off. I look at Levi, silently begging him to do something to stop this argument from spiralling out of control. I look away from him and Justin's eyes meet mine. He looks like he wants to say something but instead of doing so, he gets up and quickly walks out, taking my aching heart with him. Why did he just leave like that?

I have to go after him, he didn't look too good when he left. What if he does something he'll regret? Knowing his temper and lack of thinking before acting...

"How dramatic." Kate rolls her eyes and throws her hands in the air.

"I think you pushed him too far Kate." I being to say while pushing myself off the bed.

"Where are you going?" Leah asks once my feet hit the ground. I begin to detach the two drips from my arms but Nick, who was closest to me stops me.

"I have to go after him! Did you see how he was when he walked out of here? He was angry and pissed, he's gonna do something he'll regret, I have to stop that."

Nick still has my hands firmly in his and my attempts to pull away go wasted.

"You can't do that Amara. You're gonna hurt yourself. Justin is a big boy isn't he?" Kate says and I don't understand why she is doing this.

"I'll go find him." Levi announces and I nod to quickly dismiss him. I'm worried about Justin.

Nick lets go of my hands once Levi is out and I glare at him.

"Were you really gonna run after him in a hospital gown?" He asks before laughing, glad that he's finding humor in this because it sort of lightens the mood.

Nick excuses himself to the restroom and I'm left with Kate and Leah. I hate how we quickly dispersed.

"Justin was just being selfish. He's acting like he's the only person who is supposed to see you." Kate rolls her eyes again and I take a seat on the edge of the bed. I definitely have a headache now.

"What? That's not true." I'm quick to defend Justin.

Kate scoffs and I've never seen her look this annoyed in a really long time. "Yes it is Am. You won't believe how he was acting when you were still unconscious. Did anyone tell you that there was a time where he actually refused all of us seeing you but him? He always wanted you all to himself and acted like we are not supposed to give a fuck about you."