[17] Havoc 2

He stared at us, particularly at me. His dark eyes that scanned every piece of me and my surroundings were a cold, dark shade of brown. They continued to roam over the place until they finally landed on Nick's form.

That's when the man's expression changed from emotionless to a sick hint of humor. His dark clothing matching the color of his hair of which was cut short. The man in front of us looked to be in his late twenties and just by looking at him, I could tell that he owned a lot of confidence in him.

Nick rose from his chair and quickly rushed to step in front of me, creating a human barrier between me and the man who just walked in like he owned the place.

I could tell that Nick was tense yet seeming confused. Both of them shared a look before the man let out a chuckle, his chest rising and falling as he did. It was what he said next that caused my eyes to widen, that made a breath get caught up in my chest yet having me hyperventilating at the same time.

"I just brought the car back."

He's the one who stole Justin's car?

"It was you?" Nick's voice raised, frustration lining his features.

The man once again laughed..."Who else would it be dear Nick? By the way, I'm so disappointed. I was at least hoping to find our dearest Justin home."

Was he crazy? He stole a car and now he's acting like it was all a very funny joke that he can laugh about??

"Well for you Zane, you're lucky Justin is not home or else, you wouldn't get out of this house still walking." Nick said nonchalantly before leaning against the table, moving his body making the man catch a glimpse of me.

He smirked "Who's the girl? Is she yours or Justin's?"

That made me just want to puke my intestines out. Did he really have to ask that? Matter of fact, who was he anyway to question my identity as well as my status?

"It doesn't matter who I am loser. What matters is that do you even know how much of an offense it is to steal someone's car? You should be arrested and I'm sure as hell going to tell Justin to press charges." I said and the man I'm assuming is Zane laughed.

Seriously, what was it with him and laughing?

Nick turned and gave me a warning look before turning his back to me once again.

"Zane you know very well that Justin felt bad after crashing into your car so this pathetic behavior of yours was not necessary. He even paid for the necessary expenses and I swear if there's even a single scratch on his car, you're so gonna-"

"Gonna what Nick? What's that that's gonna happen to me? That time of the crash, I treated the matter subtly. Do you and your pathetic little boss seriously think that a few thousand dollars was able repair the damage that occurred to my car?" Zane lashed out, clearly seeming pissed off.

Did Justin really crash into his car?

"Don't piss me off Zane, you know very well that there was another car involved! The damn crash wasn't even Justin's fault, you were drunk while you were driving remember that idiot?" Nick raised his voice as he took threatening steps towards Zane.

He didn't look by any chance intimidated by him although Zane seemed older than him and a little taller than him.

"I was at a stop sign when suddenly, someone crashed into my car, how could that not be Justin's fault? Don't even make up excuses for that Nick, matter fact where the hell is Justin? He should be the one answering for himself, not his stupid brother who doesn't even-" Zane didn't even get to finish his sentence when Nick suddenly pounced on him, throwing a punch that landed straight on his jaw.
I let out a yelp as Zane lost his balance and fell backwards, his back hitting against the wall.