[42] Beach Sights

"I don't know all the details yet, he just asked me to go out with him. He did not specify where or whatever."

"Oh my he likes you!" Kate exclaimed, clapping her hands together with a huge smile on her face. I just rolled my eyes but I hoped that it was true. Because I was too far up in it with him already. My feelings for him grew as each day passed and it was more than just a girly crush.

"Did he say when?" Asked Leah and I nodded.

"Tonight." I replied shortly. We were at Kate's house and school ended a few hours ago. Justin told me that he would fetch me at six if it was okay with me and I agreed, somehow he always asked for permission to do stuff. I simply liked it because it showed that he is a gentleman.

"You need to prepare." I looked at her crazily.

"No I'm fine this way Kate. Besides, I don't even know where he's taking me, what if I dress completely off the occasion?"

"She's right." Leah replied looking at Kate. "But it's okay though, we'll make your hair and face look pretty."

I smiled at them, giving in. I relaxed on the chair as Kate started doing stuff to my hair with products she'd gathered up and Leah worked on my face. "Not too much Leah please, I don't want to look caked up."

She chuckled, "don't worry. I'm gonna make you look pretty"

All of a sudden, I thought back to what happened at school today, almost gagging.

Like she said, Bianca made a brief appearance at our lunch table today. She didn't sit for long though but claimed she was there to say 'hi' to Kate and Leah. She seemed to be looking around, like she was in search for someone and at the same time, not wanting to be seen. I always knew that there was something off about her, even though I can't pinpoint what it is exactly.

After she left, I showed Kate and Leah the text she sent me but they said that they didn't give her my number and agreed that it was crazy that she'd even sent me a text message.

"Jesus Kate! Not too hard." I groaned when she started pulling on my hair to what was considered as hard, meanwhile I had to stay still so that Leah didn't mess up whatever she was doing to my face. When they both finished, Leah stepped back to look at me, a proud smile on her face to show that she was clearly amiring her work.

I got up and walked towards the mirror, my reflection startling me.

"You look beautiful Am." Kate said and I smiled.

***

"Your friends are crazy. They couldn't stop smiling when I came to pick you up, which I don't get why it's a big deal because I was just picking up my girl."

Those two words. My Girl. They made my heart melt into a puddle.

"They are just pretty excited. I told them that you're taking me out." I replied and he grinned, stopping at a red light and turned his head to look at me fully.

"I guess that explains it then."

I smiled and extended my hand to switch the radio on. I wonder what song was playing... Who knows? This might just turn out to be one of those clichè moments in movies where a love song starts playing in the car and matches the feelings both parties were feeling, even though they wouldn't say it to each other.

My eyes widened slightly at what I said. Love song...

Love...

Justin turned back to the road and continued driving again. He seemed so happy and carefree tonight, like he was sure of something I didn't know. Or that he was just generally happy. His window was slightly open and the wind blew at his hair as he drove, blowing some hair off his forehead to the back and to the side.