[30] Midnight Embraces

"Oh my God what happened Justin?" I decided to be the one breaking the moment...the glare Justin was sending to Nick who was just as clueless as I was.

I put that all aside as I focused on the fact that Justin was hurt. I go closer to him and I realized that the bruises aren't as bad as I thought they were. He looked like he had been in a fight... I didn't want to think of that because somehow I felt like his hurt was mine.

His eyes dropped and looked at me. I noticed that his usual green eyes were darker, he seemed to be going through a lot of internal altercation. Like he was battling to feel emotions and he was losing the battle. I don't know how I reached to that conclusion but I raised my hand and held his cheek softly. He tensed for a while due to my unexpected touch but I didn't drop my hand. I waited for him to get used to my touch and he relaxed moments later.

I noticed the increase in his breath and the same was happening to me quiet frankly. I felt the increase in my heart rate. His dark eyes started clearing, bringing back the green irises that I was now used to, I grinned a bit at that. Seeing that, his lips parted and he exhaled through his mouth and his breath hit my face. I closed my eyes as flashbacks of this morning got to me, hitting me harder than anything. The way we kissed was like a tape put to replay in my mind...

I was abruptly taken out of my trance by a cough. I turned around, taking my hand off Justin immediately. Nick stood next to us with a sick smile...victory smile or whatever plastered to his face.

I totally forgot he was still around.

"Alright uhm...since well J is back, I guess I should be leaving." He announced and Justin walked in front of me as he faced Nick.

He placed his hand on Nick's shoulder, "thanks man. I owe you one."

Really? He glared at him not even five fucking minutes ago! Why does he really need to be so much of a drama queen? Not that I wanted him to be angry but I just wanted to know why he did it in the first place. I'm sure Nick was just as curious as I was.

"Nah its okay. I had fun with Am anyway" he stretched his neck to look at me and I moved from behind Justin to the drawers on the other side of the room "Yeah we totally did." I answer in a monotone.

Justin and Nick continued to talk about something as I decided to look for the first aid kit. I finally found it and I went upstairs, placing it on the counter in the bathroom.

I went downstairs and found out that Nick had left already. Justin was stepping back into the living room as I assumed he just walked Nick out.

He sees me walking downstairs and starts walking towards me, we met when I was just halfway on the staircase. I was almost face level with him as he was on a lower step and I was on a higher one. Somehow he still managed to be taller than me.

I don't know what I was expecting to happen but what he did next surprised me, I was about to say something when he wrapped his mascular arms around my small waist, pulling me closer to his cold body.

He must've been outdoors for long to be this cold.

I wasn't thinking when I wrapped my own arms around his neck as he looked like all he needed was a simple hug. I rested my head on the side of his neck to feel him closer and I grinned when he snuggled up closer. I was feeling a lot inside and I was certain that Justin was feeling it too.

I pull him closer to me as I hear him exhale. I could feel his heart beating strongly against my chest. I grinned as I closed my eyes and inhaled his scent but he smelt like alcohol, smoke and sweat. Horrible combination!

I held him nonetheless, to show that I will stand by him come thick or thin...as cheesy as it may sound.

To me it was perfect in a way, standing in the middle of the staircase at midnight and simply hugging each other. He kissed my temple and started pulling away.

His eyes landed on mine and he smiled, genuinely.

"Thank you for warming me up, I was cold." He whispers in my ear and I giggle without realizing it.

What the heck!

I said nothing as I felt all the way from my neck to my face heating up. I turned around as I saw Justin smirking. I pulled him by his hand all the way to the bathroom. He was confused until he got in and saw the first aid kit box. I sat him down on the toilet seat as I opened the kit.

I looked at Justin to find him already looking at me. "You look nice" he said and I rolled my eyes as I blushed but hid it. I was just wearing black leggings and a white crop top that was lace at the bottom, I was showing out more of my stomach.

"And you look like shit" I replied as I wiped his cuts with a chemical that prevents infections. He hissed a little as I paused to see if he was okay. I continued when he said I should.

"So you were walking around looking like this with Nick in the house?" I froze when he said that. His tone was calm but those words he just uttered meant so much more.

"What do you mean? I'm just wearing normally." I stepped back, pretty annoyed at his remark.

Justin huffed before holding my wrists and pulling me closer to him.

"Its just...you're showing too much of that flawless skin. Nick must've had a show." Okay now he was pushing it. I took off the gloves immediately and got away from his grip. Okay I was kind of flattered that he thought my skin was flawless but that wasn't going to stop my frustration at him. Justin stood up and walked towards me.

"What's wrong with wearing a crop top and what's wrong with Nick seeing me in it!? Does this have anything to do with how you glared at him when you walked in earlier?" I asked, getting angry. I don't know why Justin was behaving this way because it was completely childish.

He looked down before exhaling. "Okay you're right. There's nothing wrong with wearing a crop top and quite frankly you can wear anything you like. I'm just being an unreasonable idiot, I'm sorry." He spoke looking genuinely sorry that he actually did what he did.

This whole argument was just stupid, who gets angry over crop tops? Or was it the fact that Nick was with me the whole time and he wasn't? A small smile appeared on my lips right after that thought. But that was his own fault for leaving me.

"Stop smiling and come fix me baby." Justin spoke in a child voice as he went back to where he was seated before. His face still needed so be cleaned so I put the gloves back on as I laughed.

"Its not that bad though"

I was standing between his legs and his eyes were basically level to my lower body. I didn't feel uncomfortable even though a normal person would when a boy was staring just like that.

I finished up wiping and bandaging him where was necessary.

"All done." I announced and threw used material in the bin. I wanted to ask him what had happened to him but a part of me did not want to know the answer.

I'm aware that he is involved in some dangerous matters that I don't even want to think of it being a gang...I guess I've gotten so used to Justin now that I fear losing him, even though he doesn't trust me enough to confide in me...

"Thank you." He said and I smiled, not wanting to think any further of the situation. "Now you just need to take a shower, you smell like shit "

He laughed as I closed the door to give him privacy. I went downstairs and made tea that would calm me down from these feelings that I'm getting. I went to the books that were on a shelf. I noticed there were mostly novels about business and stuff. Other books were romance and horror.

I left the books since well I wanted to ask for permission from Justin to read them.

I went up to my room and sat on the bed and continued sipping my tea. It was really late, already past midnight and we had school tomorrow...well today. I changed into something more comfortable and went to sleep forcing myself to not think about Justin.

******