[66] Needs Me

[Justin's P.O.V]

I shot her!

I didn't mean to! I didn't mean to shoot Amara...why can't I not hurt her?

My heart was beating fast as I processed what was happening right in front of me.

My head felt incredibly dizzy with all the rushed movements going on. I couldn't move as I watched the trained people running out of the motel with a bloody body on top of the stretcher, saying things to each other that I didn't understand.

I was frozen, all I seemed to be able to do was bring my hands to the back of my head, still not believing that everything that happened actually happened. It was like a scene ripped out of a movie and put to slow motion, paramedics rushing the unconscious Amara into the back of the ambulance and others pulling a body covered by a black plastic out.

All I seemed to be able to do was stand there along with many other people, watching in the blue and red ambulance lights that were flashing in the night.

I didn't know how I felt, I blamed myself. Of course I did. I am the one responsible for all of this even though my original intentions were to save her. The thought alone brings a sick and nauseated twist to my stomach that I'm starting to feel really sick.

Thinking about it made me feel worse than I already did. I didnt understand the kind of game fate was playing with me.

Is this a punishment of some sort? But why did it have to be HER!? Why did it have to be her when I fucking love her?

I felt even more guilty when I thought about how Amara only agreed to go with Bianca solely because of me.

"I'm doing this for you. Just give me about an hour and I promise I'll be back."

She wanted to get Bianca to stop the shit she was up to. She wanted to help me to get Bianca out of our lives for good.

She said she promised to be back but she never came back to me. This had to happen and the universe had to make me be the one to shoot her when all I ever wanted to do was save her. The gun that was pressed against her temple by Bianca made me see red.

"Justin!" I hear someone call but I don't even bother to see who it is or reply.

Instead, I find myself walking towards the ambulance as it was about to take off. "I'm going with her!" I tell, more like yell at the paramedic who was about to close the door. He looks at me as if waiting for further explanation. "I'm her boyfriend, I'm going with her."

"I'm afraid you can't sir." I turn around and see a police officer. A very negative overwhelms me as I looked at him.

"W-what?"

"Justin Hazard, you're under arrest for the murder of Mr Benjamin Hart and also the attempted murder of Ms Amara Hart. You have a right to..."

I don't even listen to the shit he said after mentioning the attempted murder. Attempted murder!? Are these people kidding me!? I was not trying to kill my girlfriend, that's insane!

"What no! She's my girlfriend and shooting her was a mistake I swear! As for Ben, that was defence for Amara. He was going to shoot her so I had to help her!" I yell in one breath as another cop started forcefully handcuffing me.

"You'll have to explain all that at the station Mr Hazard. You see maybe if you were a first time offender, we would hear you out."

I felt myself being dragged away as I tried explaining over and over again what happened...why they should not even arrest me.