[14] Beginnings

Both our heads immediately snapped towards the door in inhuman speed. My heart thumped hard against my chest as I took in the state of the person in front of us. For a moment, I thought it was going to be Ben standing there. I greatly despised the thought that he had found me and was going to take back to that place that obviously dejects my soul.

"What is it Nick?" Justin asked his brother as he rose from the chair.

His eyes concentrating on Nick, he took a few steps closer to him. Nick was tall but Justin easily towered over him.

"I just received a call from Davin telling me that they have tracked down Ben."

My body froze at the mention of his name. Why did I think much of it? I hated feeling scared, I tried by all means to remind myself that it is over, that I didn't have to go back to live with Ben. That I didn't get to be abused by him.

"Where has he been located?" Asked Justin, his tone of voice hard which matched his features.

"He is in a town that's about two hours away in some crappy motel called The Lighthouse." My stomach turned in an uncomfortable manner.

"Who is Davin?" I asked and both of them turned to look at me. Justin started walking around the room, seeming to be in deep thought.

"Justin?" I called out when I found no response. He was pacing up and down and that edged my nerves.

"So what's the plan?" Nick asked looking at Justin, him too completely ignoring me.

If Ben is so far away, then does that mean that he left for good? That he's no longer going to come for me?

"Call Levi and the other guys, we will have to prepare ourselves for a little meeting with Ben Hart." Justin's words just came out so natural and so calm. Not missing the hard tone that made his words final.

"What do you mean by that? Having a little meeting?" I questioned, raising my voice higher. I didn't understand why they wanted to approach Ben when he has already left. Him leaving certainly means that he's finally left my life right? I have been dreaming about this, I just want to be as far away from him as possible and now that that's happened, I should move on with my life. And try to remind myself that the worst is over.

Justin and Nick didn't even bother to glance at me as they continued with their conversation "I think we'll just need Levi, Troy and Xavier, the rest of them aren't needed. This Ben guy is such a small target." Nick said nonchalantly and Justin nodded, showing approval.

Were they serious? I tried getting off the bed and did so with mild pain in my left side. But that wasn't gonna stop me.

"Amara! What are you doing? You're gonna end up hurting yourself." Justin paced towards me until he was stood in front of me, his green eyes showing concern.

"Well then answer me will you? I asked why do you need to go see Ben?" I spoke up, demanding to be heard...

Justin ran his hand through his dark brown hair and breathed out.

"That man abused you cakes. He hurt you. I can't just stand back and let him move on with his no-point-at-all life, I'm sorry but I fucking won't do that."

"He left Justin! He left! Meaning he is out of my life hopefully for good and the abuse isn't going to continue anymore. You don't need to go and approach him."

I hated this, I hated having to defend him. He is a monster and basically deserves everything coming his way. Nothing ever was going to become equivalent to what he has done to me. Ever.