"That's the point, Kore." She pushed me down into a chair and began unfastening my hair from its ponytail. "You always wear what she wants, and not what you want. Live wild for once."

I sighed and glared at my sister. It was almost like I was looking back at my own face in the mirror. If it wasn't for Des's bright green eyes then we could have been twins.

We both had our mother's brown skin and dark curly hair, which my sister often wore in locs like she was now. My hair I cared for, but not as much as I should. I often wore it in a ponytail or lazy bun.

"Kore, your hair is tougher than a rat's nest. When was the last time you brushed it?" Des said as she looked at the broken brush in her amazement.

"Two days ago," I said.

Des frowned, "How is this is even possible?

"I have no idea." I sighed, "I stop wondering a while ago."

-*-

Almost thirty minutes later Des and I were ready to go. Well almost, Des was attempting to curl her eyelashes. A feat that proved to be difficult for my poor sister.

She could apply eyeliner and eyeshadow like a pro, but when it came to her eyes lashes it was like watching a horror show take place.

I have a fear that one day she's going to rip her eyes lashes clean off.

It haunts me in my dreams.

"You know I can help you right?" I said as I stood, wobbling a bit in my heels.

I don't typically wear heels, due to the fact my mother hates them. But Des insists I wore them tonight, so I am.

By the graces of the gods, I hope I don't make a fool of myself tonight. I'm like that comical deer in the movie that can't walk on ice.

What was its name? Bambo?

"No! I got it!" Despoina muttered. I watched with a clenched arse as she basically almost ripped her eyelashes off.

"You clench too tightly." I said to Des, "Do it somewhat tight."

"That's what she said." She snickered, "I'm done."

She stood and waltzed towards me. Her form easily towered over mine. Her tallness was a gene that she got from our mother. She was 5'9, a freaking giant compared to my 5'3 frame.

I was a little salty about it.

Okay... I was really salty about it! I looked like a midget compared to my sister and mother's tall frames, putting on heels didn't help the height difference at all.

"Must you wear heels?" I asked.

"Yes. It makes me feel sexy and empowered." She began fussing with my hair once more, adjusting the crown made of baby breaths a few times.

I slapped her hands away and scowled, "Stop. You're going to make my hair poof up."

After twenty minutes of tugging, de knotting, and multiple sprints of water, my hair was in a semi-decent form.

It wasn't going to stay this way. I already knew that. I probably had a good two hours before it poofs up like a chia pet again.

"Okay, okay!" Despoina put her hands in the air surrendering, "Come on let's go back to mother."

I ensured everything was unplugged and turned off before following Des halfway down the stairs. I stopped once I realized I forgot my cloak, which was crucial.

I have heard the underworld was a cold place, and I was not about to have my nipples make an appearance at this party.

I ran back up the stairs and quickly grabbed my cloak. When I came back out of my room I stopped when I heard my mother speaking.