Chapter 22: A Trouble Arises

Start from the beginning

“Alright, alright lets find someplace to eat.”

“Yay!”

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No need to worry about that.”

“Why?”

Irish asked.

“Its because I am enough to make you full! Isn’t that obvious?”

Nimbus said, grinning and laughing loud.

When he was finished, he looked around and realized that they already left him alone.

[A Forest Somewhere]

“Oi Zerti! Hurry up carrying those!”

Said a young man that looked like. he was on his teenage years. He had a long blonde hair that ran down through his back.

“Right, right I heard ya.”

Zerti replied. Like the man he was following, he looked like he was in his teenage years.

“Say Zerti, at some point of your time, did you ever wanted to be a hero?”

The young man asked.

“Hmmm, not sure about being a hero. I mean they do a lot of stuffs right? Like fighting, adventures and stuff.”

“Yeah, doesn’t it sound great?”

“It does but, being one of them requires hardwork and I don’t like working hard.”

“Oh c’mon now, don’t be like that. Just imagine this, you are a hero that everybody loves and whenever you go they sing songs of praise to you. Of course, aside from that you are very strong and popular, you’re also like you know, great and powerful.”

“Yeah, yeah. Everything about it needs hardwork and I am too lazy to do anything related about it.”

“Duuuuudddddddeeeee.”

He let out a sigh, a sigh of giving up.

“Well, that’s just like you.”

As they walked in the paths of the lush and green forest they saw a large smoke in a distance afar from their location.

“Oi oi! That’s our village Zerti!”

The young man quickly ran as fast as he can, leaving Zerti and the woods they cut down.

“Hey! Don’t run! Help me here first Girben! Heeeeeyyyyy!”

***

When Zerti reached their village, everything waa burning. Chaos were visible everywhere he looked.

Houses were burning, some were already burnt. People were crying here and there seeking for help and the once great walls were heavily damaged.

“Just... What happened?”

He asked himself.

“Zerti!”

He heard a voice familiar to his ears, he immediately turned where it came from and saw the man runming towards him.

“Girben! What happened?”

“I.. I don’t know...”

Girben slowly spoke. Zerti looked at him with confusion and sadness in his eyes.

“Mother and father... They’re gone... they’re, they’re...”

Girben can’t hold it anymore and he bursted out in tears. He cried in agony and grieving.