CH27-'She's not yours'

"Oh my god. I'm..." I begin.

"Well this is awkward" Caleb whispers to Ellen.

"What are you doing here?" I shout at Caleb.

"I could ask you the same question" He says with a raised eyebrow.

"Tris, I don't mean to be rude but can I just quickly get changed and then I will explain?" She asks.

"Oh yeah..sorry" I stutter and step out of the bedroom.

Why did Caleb lie to me? Then again, I lied to him too. I had my reasons though. Caleb is very protective, or so he used to be. I hear shuffling from inside the bedroom and I cringe at the thought of them in bed together.

I didn't even know Caleb was the type to come to a party, never mind get in a bed with a girl he barely knows at someone else's house.

I'm not all that better though. I didn't think I was the type to come to a party or kiss someone within the first week of knowing them, but here I am.

I don't know what is it with Four. Even though the rumours I have heard about him sleeping with multiple girls at the same time, I feel like I can trust him with anything. That was until I saw him before, flirting. I shouldn't even be letting it get to me. He doesn't like me like that and I don't like him like that, I think. I don't think I do anyway.

Ellen steps out of the room and peers around to see if anyone is upstairs. She doesn't notice anyone so she tells me to come in.

"Sit down" Ellen says and I almost laugh.

I feel like I'm being sentenced for a crime or someone is telling me my house has been slaughtered by hobos.

"On the bed you two were doing god knows what? No thanks" I snarl and Caleb grins whereas Ellen turns bright red.

"We were just having fun, that's all" Caleb laughs.

I still haven't asked him about why he lied about his surname. Kingsley. It rings a bell but I can't quite figure out where from.

"Fun? Fun in someone else's bed? Fun in someone else's house? Fun with the flipping door of the bedroom open?" I shout.

"Precisely" Caleb smirks.

"I'm really sorry, Tris. I didn't mean to make things awkward. I jus-" she says before I interrupt.

"It's fine. It's not you I'm angry with. I'm angry at you" I say whilst pointing at Caleb, "for lying to me."

"Oh you mean how I lied about coming to this party, like you did?" He questions.

"No. The way you have been hiding things from my lately. We used to tell each other everything and it's like you don't even care anymore" I sigh and I walk out of the bedroom.

I walk towards a door at the end of the corridor and hope it is the bathroom. Luckily, it is and the door has a lock. I quickly lock it and look in the mirror. My mascara is still on without any smudge marks. My dress looks a little creased but I don't care. Who cares about a couple of crease marks when there are people starving in our city? Aka, the factionless.

The factionless where the people who didn't fit in anywhere. They didn't belong in a faction. Abnegation fed them and helped them through life but I didn't feel like that. I want to help the factionless but I just don't. That is the difference between the abnegation and I.

After cooling down in the toilets for a while, I head downstairs towards the kitchen. A bottle of beer is sitting on top of one of the refrigerators and I hesitate when I reach for it. This is a bad idea, but I'm going to do it anyway.