CH25-'It's not over yet'

The arena is in pitch black darkness. Silence fills the air for a few seconds. No one is moving until I hear a voice shouting.

"Fire!" The voice exclaims and suddenly paint comes flying across the ground floor.

It is not aimed at me. On the other side of the ground floor is 2 blue lights getting a red light with the paint from their guns.

I try and look for a position that I can run to so I am able to aim at the red light that I saw before. I can still see his/her light but I am pretty sure they haven't seen mine yet.

I sprint towards a wall which has a small gap where I can fire from. I stand my gun up on the side of the gap. I get my aim in the right position and I fire.

Dammit I missed.

They look around for anyone on the opposing team. They are just about to turn back to what they where doing before until they see my gun.

I make them out as a male and he fires his gun towards me. I duck to try and prevent him hitting me, it works. I am still 3 lives up but now I have to deal with a guy with a red light who is trying to hit me with the paint from his gun.

I look out of the gap cautiously and notice he has gone. I breathe out relievingly. I hear someone rustling outside the area I am hiding in. I aim my gun towards the noise and I shake violently with anxiousness. A red light shoots towards me rapidly and I attempt to avoid it. I do so I retaliate.

I shuffle around the corner and shoot his light.

Bingo.

He huffs with disappointment and a smirk forms across my face. I run towards the staircase that takes you onto the 2nd floor before his 10 seconds are up.

I edge up the stairs carefully, trying not to make a sound. I am greeted by a male with a blue light. He smiles but presses his finger to his lips, insisting me to be quiet. I do as he asks and follow him past the walkway.

A paint ball flies up and attempts to hit me but it doesn't. It misses me by an inch.

"Keep walking" The guy whispers.

I nod and stay directly behind him. Suddenly, an open fire takes place. It seems that everyone has just started shooting each other, almost like the match has only just started.

I run into hideout with my fellow teammate and I place my back on a wall to prevent anyone from seeing me. I look at the guy and suddenly realise that I recognise him. He's in my combat training class. Alvin, I think his name is.

"Alvin, right?" I ask.

He nods, "Stay down."

I see a red light wandering around in front of us and he notices my light. He open fires in my direction. I feel the splash of paint hit my stomach and I huff angrily.

I see the red lights evil smile appear on his bearded, old-looking face.

I only 2 lives left.

"Come on, you've got about 8 seconds until you can start shooting again" He states.

"Okay" I say and follow swiftly behind him.

A flock of blue lights appear ahead of us and I breathe in and out with a hint of relief hidden behind them.

"More blues" Alvin says and I nod as we head towards the pack of blues.

"Well hey there" One of them says.

I smile slightly but not enough for them to notice in this darkness. By now, my eyes have adapted to the darkness of the arena and I can briefly make things out.