CH26-'Who's the chick?'

The party starts in 1 hour and I am still deciding whether I should apply some makeup or not. What will my mother say?

Eventually, I decide to apply some crappy mascara I bought a few years ago. I don't bother with anything else as I am afraid my mother will notice that I have looked in the mirror for a while. I don't care that she might notice that I don't belong in abnegation, I care about her. I don't want to upset her or stress her out

I look through my small closet and put on a white summer dress that I absolutely adore. I only have 2 dresses that I wear for special occasions so I thought I would wear one so I don't look like a dull abnegation. I hate it when people judge me when I'm in boring, grey uniform. I hate it.

I let my newly washed hair down and it comes forwards over my shoulders.

I put some white slip-on shoes onto my feet. I look in the mirror for a few seconds before smiling. I don't think I look great but it was worth a shot.

I peek through the door of the living area to see Caleb sitting down on the couch reading.

I walk out of the door.

"Where's mum and dad?" I ask.

"They went out for dinner. It's about time they had some time to themselves. Where are you going?" He asks suspiciously.

"Just to a friends" I lie.

"Why are you dressed up like...that then?" He asks with squinted eyes.

"Like what?" I protest.

"In a dress and looking pretty. It's not like you. It's wierd" he cringes.

I chuckle slightly.

"Thanks" I laugh.

"Are you going now?" He asks when he gets up, heading to his bedroom.

"Yes. I'll see you later" I say.

"I might not be in. I'm going to see a friend too" He states.

"Oh right, okay. I'll see you whenever I see you then. Bye" I say as I hurry out the door.

I walk down the street and turn a few sharp corners. I see Four waiting in the normal place. He is wearing a black t-shirt and the sleeves stop half way down his biceps. He has dark trousers on with plain black shoes.

"Oh my god" Four gasps.

"What?" I ask.

"You look so damn sexy" He licks his lips.

I blush violently.

"No I don't, come on" I hurry him.

"You do. You don't understand. I think you need to go and change. Everyone's going to be staring at you and I don't want that" He murmurs.

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I'm not going to change. Stop being stupid, come on" I laugh.

"Okay but if any dudes try and come onto you, you have to tell me. I mean that, Tris. If you don't, I will never forgive you" he says extremely strictly.

"I don't look appealing one bit so there is nothing to worry about and it's not that big of a deal" I shrug.

He rolls his eyes.

"You look extremely appealing" He smirks.

I drag him in the direction that we are meant to be going and it's almost like I am leading the way even though I don't know where I am going.

"How much longer?" I whine as my feet start to ache.

"Like 30 seconds" he laughs.

"Ok" I reply.