CH39- 'Miss me?'

"The sun loved the moon so much, he died every night to let her breathe."
____________________________

His hands slid around my waist, causing me to giggle with excitement.

River's eyes looked like they changed colour for a second, crimson maybe, which only made me want him more.

He pulls away for a second, licking his lips as he went to get something out of his cupboard as I lay lying on top of his bed.

As he turns around, my mind is shocked but I don't protest. I want him even more.

"Miss me?" Four smirks.

He beckons me to his side as he passionately kisses me until I am lost for words.
----
My alarm clock rings and my head is banging. I realise that I was dreaming and I try to reminisce what happened within it. However, when I realise what it was about, I automatically stop myself and begin to get changed.

I yawn as I gather my clothes for school. I also pack my school bag and then enter the kitchen for breakfast.

I sit down in front of my cereal bowl. Everybody is silent for some reason, however I later realise that it is probably because I got in at 1am last night.

Surprisingly, nobody says anything to me. I saw my mother give me a disappointed look before but I returned her an apologetic one.

"I'm going to school." I stand up and grab my bag, "See you both later."

Mum gives me a weak smile, as well as dad. However Caleb, doesn't pay any attention to me (as usual).

As I am walking towards school, I hear somebody approaching me. I warily look to behind me, but instead of shaken up, I am actually relieved to see his face.

"I hear you and River were getting close last night." Four frowns as he strolls next to me.

"I don't remember when that was any of your business." I shrug, pretending like I don't care about him but he damn well knows I do.

"I don't remember when we broke up." He stops, causing me to do the same.

I scratch the back of my head, "What do you want me to say, Four? Do you expect me to bow down and kiss your feet, like all the other girls do?" I can feel my eyes filling up with tears.

"Will you stop comparing yourself to other girls? You are the only girl I see." He holds my cheeks, causing me to smile a little.

"I missed that smile." He chuckles, "I'm sorry."

I nod, smile and wrap my arms around him. I finally feel safe again. I feel warm in his arms.

I can't help but I feel guilty about letting River kiss me. I pulled away, but it still happened. I don't think he even knows, because he would probably be a lot angrier right now if he did.

I didn't realise how much I missed his touch, his voice, and his overall presence.

We have lessons as normal, expect today, I have an extra combat class with Scar and everybody.

As we are walking down the hallway, I spy a familiar face who seems to be heading our direction.

This should be good.

"Hey Tris." River smiles as he approaches me.

"Hey River." Four mocks him by sliding his arm around my waist.

River scoffs at Four.

"I'll see you later." River smirks and walks off.

"Was that really necessary?" I frown at Four.