CH14-'3 dauntless-borns'

I yawn as I wake up from a severely deep sleep. I slam the top of my alarm clock in an attempt to silence it. It works and I lie back down for an extra minute.

After my minute is up, I dress as normal for school. I let my hair hang loose today, seen as I washed it last night. I brush it thoroughly and I am pleased with the outcome.

I walk into the kitchen and take a seat on the kitchen table where my mother is serving breakfast.

"Cereal?" My mother asks and I nod.

She hands me a bag of cornflakes and a bottle of milk.

"Apply the milk generously, we are getting a new set today" she explains.

I add as much milk as I want and then screw the lid back onto the bottle.

"We all have to meet up today in the main hall first period" Caleb tells me.

"What? Why? How do you know?" I question.

"I don't know and because someone sent me a message telling me" he explains.

"Who?" I ask suspiciously.

"Privacy?" He snaps.

I button mouth from speaking and resume eating my cereal.

I wonder what why we need to go to the hall this morning.

"Right, I'm off" Caleb says.

"I'll come with you" I say and put down my cereal.

"No" Caleb rejects.

"Caleb! What is wrong with you this week?" My mother questions.

"Nothing, I just want to make my own way to school" He replies and storms out the door.

My mother huffs and I slump back into my chair and finish my cereal.

I kiss my mother on the cheek and then leave the house a short while after Caleb.

I close the door quietly and begin to walk to the bus stop. I arrive and no one is standing there.

Eventually, the bus arrives and I hand him his tip and his eyes light up with happiness.

"Thank you, my dear" he smiles.

"Your welcome" I reply.

I sit down and wonder why I don't see any dauntless-borns. I frown with confusion and take a seat next to a Candor since it is the only seat left. The bus is full of every faction except Dauntless.

I wonder why none of the dauntless-borns are here.

"Do you know why none of the dauntless are on here?" I ask the Candor girl.

She shrugs and I huff.

We get to school and I head to the main hall where it is silent even though most students are gathered there.

I stand at the back of the hall and wait for Mrs Matthews the arrive.

"Last night, some of Faction High's students went missing" she begins and grabs everyone's attention.

"3 dauntless-borns" she emphasises.

"2 have been found and they are safe. They have been escorted back to their faction for the day" She explains.

"However, the other student, has been found dead" She gulps.

Everyone gasps and begins to mutter. My heart races as the teachers try to silence the hall.

"Silence!" Mrs Matthews shouts at the top of her voice until the entire hall is quiet.

"They were found by the main city gates, trying to escape through the rumoured 'gap' we presume" she continues.

What if it's Ellen or Jay or Erin or Matt or Ava or anyone else from the bus? They were all planning on going to the main city gates yesterday. I begin to panic and I suddenly feel a bit nauseous.

"Students, this is why you must follow rules. We make these rules to protect you, not to boss you around. We know what's good and bad for you so you must listen and be careful. You must take into account everything we tell you because otherwise, there could be serious consciences" she says sternly.

I think of the dead body that must have been lying by the gates. I imagine the dauntless police carrying it away.

"You are all dismissed for the day, you may go home as more investigating needs to take place. Your school buses are on their way so head outside and they will arrive soon. You may tell your parents the reason that you were sent home and that you will re-attend tomorrow morning. Is that clear?" She asks.

"Is that clear?" She says louder to wake us all up.

"Yes" the hall says, but I don't.

Something hits me and I want to be sick. What if it's Four? What if it was Four's body that was discovered by the City Gates?

I run out of the hall and look in every direction for Four. I don't see him. I begin to panic.

Students pile out of the hall like an army but it doesn't stop me pushing them out the way. I start panicking even more now and start panting heavily.

"Tris?" A familiar voice asks from behind me.

I turn around to see a handsome man staring down at me and a load of weight falls of my shoulders.

"Four!" I shout in delight and wrap my arms around him, giving him a hug.

"Woah, what's up?" He laughs.

"I thought it was you! I thought you were dead!" I pant.

"Me? I wouldn't be stupid enough to do something like that. You could have a little bit of faith in me to be intelligent, Tris" he smiles and I can't help but grin.

"So if it's not you, then who is it?" I ask.

"I don't know but when I find out I will tell you" he says.

"Okay" I smile, looking up at his hazel brown eyes.

I try my hardest not to get lost in them but it's difficult fighting it off.

"Where are you going now then?" He asks me.

"Home, as requested" I reply.

"You don't have to go straight home, do you?" He whines.

"Well last time I didn't tell anyone that I was going out, I nearly got my head bitten off" I sigh and Four chuckles slightly.

"Can't you risk getting it bitten off again?" Four pleads.

"Caleb will probably tell my mother I've been abducted or that I'm out getting pregnant" I laugh.

"Right, I get your point that your going home" he laughs.

"Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow" I smile as I walk away.

"Ditto" he smirks.

I walk towards my bus and students start piling on. I sigh as I head to the back of the queue but I am also silently smiling as I think about Four's hazel brown eyes.

----

Authors Note: Sorry I haven't updated earlier, I've had a major power cut for 4 days and my phone ran out of charge so I couldn't even post the chapter I had written on my phone! Anyway, I'm back now and I hope you like this chapter!

Comment and Vote, ILYSM x