CH28-'He's dead'

I feel a sharp excruciating pain form in my head. I squint and hold the important part of my body that is named 'brain'. What happened last night? I don't remember anything after I arrived. All i remember is sitting on a couch whilst everyone drank alchohol and played stupid games. Why do i have a headache again?

I slowly rise from my bed but my head bangs rapidly so i lie back down in defeat. A few minutes later when i feel like i am stable enough to walk, i head to the living area, grasping my skull. Caleb is sitting on the couch holding his head and my mother and father are looking at me with stern eyes. Caleb looks at me from the corner of his eye. His hair is pointing in every direction whilst his face droops. My mother and father give me disappointed eyes before they leave the room. Why did they leave without saying anything? What's going on?

"What's going on?" I ask Caleb as i sit next to him.

"I dropped you in it. I'm sorry" He sighs and i back away from him a little.

"Dropped me in what?" I say anxiously.

"I told mum and dad that you went to the party" He explains.

"Forget that. They would have found out anyway" i sigh.

"What? You don't even care that i grassed on you?" He looks at me with wide eyes.

"Not really. I probably would have done the same to you" I chuckle stupidly, causing my headache to return.

"Mum and dad are mad. Four had to tell them you had been drank a beer or two and you were so tired that he had to carry you home" Caleb mutters.

"He told them i had been drinking?!" I shout.

"Keep your voice down! If Four hadn't have told the truth, i would have. If i had have told the truth and mum and dad had have found out that Four had lied to them, do you think they would ever trust him? No. Do the math, Beatrice" He explains.

Because of the pounding in my head, it takes me a few seconds to regiester what he was saying. I nod showing my understanding.

"I think we are grounded" Caleb mumbles.

"No wonder. Wait, why are you grounded?" I ask.

"For going to the party without mum or dads permission. It's only for 3 days though" He shrugs.

"But i did that, got drunk and I had to be carried home. I'm going to be grounded for like a year arn't I?" i sigh heavily.

"Probably" He laughs before pressing his palm against his forehead.

"Headache?" I ask and he nods.

"Me too" i smile empathetically.

My mother and father walk back in to see Caleb and I sitting on the couch together.

"I hope your pretty proud of yourselves" My father scowls.

"We are sorry" Caleb replies.

"What were you thinking? Especially you Beatrice. Drinking? If anyone, i thought it would be Caleb to come home from a party asleep because he had been drinking too much" She says.

"Thanks" Caleb says with a sarcastic smile.

"It's not like I am going to be able to do it next year is it? After the aptitude test, my life belongs to the faction i choose" I state.

My mother and father don't reply because they know i am right. Once i choose my life-long faction next year, my life belongs to the faction, not me. The word 'free' doesn't exist in the faction world.

"So how long am I grounded for?" I huff.

"A week" my father sighs.

"That's it? A week?" I ask.