CH4-'My name is Tris'

"What's all this business about the roof then?" Asks Ellen.

"I don't know but rumour has it that a few years ago, a dauntless, 2 amities and a candor went up there after school times. They never came back and there has never been any controversy about it since" Erin informs us.

"Wow. I am so curious to know what is up there" laughs Ellen.

"I wonder if there trafficking aliens up there" Matt says.

Everyone sits and looks at him in silence and with worry.

"You need help" erin says.

"Excuse me" Matt laughs.

"Serious help, and fast" she grins.

***

The bus journey home is quiet and calm. I get off at my stop in abnegation headquarters which is a few minutes away from my house. My feet stumble on the weak, uneven cobblestone that is beneath my feet. A stone gets into my black, lace up shoes so i take a minute to have a small fight with the tiny stone that is hiding inside my shoe. I carry on walking once I have finished.

I open the door to find a recipe left on the counter surface of the kitchen worktop. No one seems to be home so I begin to follow the recipe of "scouse" by chopping up some carrots for a start. I slice the pieces of carrot up equally and transfer them into a boiling pan of water.

The door opens and I turn to see who it is. It's Caleb.

"Where did you go today? I mean, for lunch?" He asks.

"I made a few friends and they offered me to sit with them so I did" I state.

"Abnegation?" He asks.

I stand in silence and I stop peeling the potatoes. I slowly turn around so I am facing my brother who is waiting for an answer to his question.

"Dauntless" I admit.

"Dauntless? You were eating lunch with dauntless-borns?" He asks surprisingly.

"Yeah" I reply.

"Well, Beatrice. I didn't even think you were the type to even speak of the dauntless, never mind socialise with them" he laughs sarcastically.

"Tris" I correct him.

"What?" He asks.

"My name is Tris" I reply.

"Tris? So first they've brainwashed you to become their friend and now you've changed your name for them?" He snaps.

"I haven't changed my name for anyone. I've been meaning to do it for a long time" I inform him.

He calms down and begins to wash a pan in the sink.

He huffs.

"Sorry" he apologises.

I shrug as I proceed peeling the potatoes. Once i finish that, I also add that into the pan to cook with the carrots. Caleb adds some beef that needs to stew and we wait for it to cook.

"Well this smells good" Says my mother as she an my father walk through the door to our house.

My father shuts it with a loud bang and he storms into his bedroom.

"Your father had a bad day at work" She says.

"What happened?" I ask before realising what I just did.

Abnegation aren't meant to talk or ask questions unless they are asked to or are allowed to.

"Beatri-" Caleb warns.

"It's okay" she says to my brother.

"Abnegation had a clash at the govern policy meeting. Not your father but other abnegation members have been taken into custody because of the remarks that were made at the meeting" she explains.

"If they are found guilty of making the remarks, they will become factionless" she stutters.

"Did they make the remarks?" I ask.

"I doubt it but with the state your father is in, there is a good chance they might have done such a thing" She sighs.

"Is there anything we could do to help?" Asks Caleb, being his normal selfless self.

"Not at the moment" my mother shakes her head.

Caleb smiles and nods.

Mother walks into her bedroom and closes the door behind her, leaving me and Caleb to complete dinner and serve it at the table.