CH21-'I hope you fall'

I miss the target and I sigh in disappointment.

I take a deep breathe in and I squint my eyes. I check the guns aimer and I take my time. I shoot and I look up and to my delight, I had hit the dummy. I hadn't hit to target but it was good for a my second hit.

"Okay, place your guns carefully on top of the podium and make sure the safety trigger is on, then gather around here" Scar instructs.

I do as he says and then rapidly walk towards him as the rest of the students gather.

"Secondly, for today, we are going to be practising your running skills. You need to be fast and if you are a slow runner, then you are screwed. You need to be fast and a quick thinker" Scar informs us.

"I'll give you a number which will pair you with your partner. You will have to run against your partner. The winner earns 3 points for the leader board. The loser earns nothing. Is that understood?" Scar explains.

Everyone nods.

"Okay. Tracey, group 1. Erin, group 2. Eric, group 3. Masie, group 4. Jamie, group 5. Four, group 6" He says and Four smiles at me slightly before walking into line.

"And Peter, group 7" Scar says.

Shivers run down my spine as Peter's name is called out.

"And for the second half of you- Amber, group 1. Damien, group 2. Freddie, group 3. Janis, group 4. Eleanor, group 5. Ava, group 6" Scar pauses.

I feel a rush of jealously run through my body as Ava smiles slyly at me as she heads over to Four. She gives him a flirty smile but he looks away.

"And Tris, group 7" Scar says.

I look for the seventh line and I am horrified. Peter.

"Welcome" Peter says with a sly smirk across his face as I walk towards him.

"Just don't" I hiss.

"I hope you fall" Peter whispers and I almost slap him for how angry I am.

What has gotten into me? Why am I thinking these things?

"We will do you group by group, starting with group 1" Scar explains and he walks off in the opposite direction whilst the rest of us wait.

"That's good, Stiff. It gives you time to prepare to fail" Peter smiles sarcastically.

"I'm not going to fail" I mumble.

"What was that?" He snaps.

"I said I'm not going to fail" I say louder.

"You think that, stiff. Just wait" He says and walks away.

Four rushes towards me after Peter leaves to talk to his friends.

I doubt their even his friends. Who could be friends with someone that vile?

"What did he say to you?" He asks.

"Just that I'm going to fail and that he hope that I fall. Nothing important" I laugh.

"Where is he?" He asks angrily.

"Why?" I ask worriedly.

"Just tell me" Four asks but I don't reply.

He looks around and he makes eye contact with him. I panic.

Four starts pacing angrily towards Peter and I try to stop him but he refuses.

"Who do you fucking think you are?" Four snaps angrily.