Meeting The Family

Start from the beginning

The aura of the room was rather dark, yet comfortable at the same time, with the turquoise and black colors aiding in the aesthetic.

A few posters and memorabilia from an array of different bands and events hung on the wall, while BTS, Monsta X, Day6 and other groups' photo cards were clipped to a blue string of Christmas lights with mini clothes pins, and surrounded a corkboard of pictures of Mariana and her friends or pets with a work desk and chair sitting underneath it and against the wall.

A long shelf on the far side of the room held various trophies, the greenish colors of a few 4-H awards offsetting the color scheme, but served as a nice reminder of achievements earned. Underneath it was another shelf full of one, sometimes two versions of every single BTS album, most of Monsta X's albums, and a few albums from various other groups.

The bedsheets were that of which was expected. The colors matching with the walls, it had a paisley floral pattern, consistent with what Yoongi expected for how Mariana had described her younger self. The wall behind her bed was a familiar stark jet black, seeming endless in contrast to the rest of the room. It was always the background shown in the video calls when Mariana and they guys called each other over her Christmas break.

Suga set his bags along the wall next to the footboard of the bed, and turned his attention to the corkboard of pictures, smiling as he noticed a pair of tickets from adjacent years under the same push pin.

"2015... That was our first concert tour that came to the states." He said with a smile.

Mariana nodded as she walked up and stood next to him. "Yeah. I clicked on a music video out of curiosity in 2014, and it's changed my life forever." She stated with a reminiscent half smile.

"Which music video?"

"War Of Hormone. Still one of my all-time favorites."

Suga wrapped his arm around her with a smile, holding onto her opposite hip. "Is it now?"

"Mhm." She stated and looked up to Suga.

"That means a lot to hear you say that." He told her before leaning over and kissing Mariana's temple. "We should probably head back upstairs before your mom thinks we've disappeared."

"Yeah, we probably should." Mariana agreed and took Suga's hand in hers before he could get it too far off of her hip.

"Who do you want to introduce me as?" Suga asked on the way to the stairs, stopping as Mariana froze in thought.

"That's a good question. My aunt does NOT need to know I'm dating an international K-pop idol... Wow. That's a sentence I never thought I'd seriously say..."

Suga chuckled a bit. "A little overbearing?"

"She doesn't mean to be. But she will pay for one of those online background checks, and then proceed to tell my entire family what she found."

"Let's definitely try to avoid that for now. The best friend I am then." Suga agreed with a little chuckle and they resumed making their way towards the stairs. "I always knew it was a bad idea to date your best friend." Yoongi joked as they ventured up the stairs, bumping his arm into Mariana's shoulder playfully.

"That sounds like experience." Mariana joked back a bit. "Wait, was Yoonmin a real thing, and I missed it?" She continued the joke with a playfully sad smile.

"Oh, yeah. Definitely. We were all over each other. I'm just recently straight." He joked, his voice heavy with sarcasm.

Mariana couldn't help but laugh as she bumped into Suga's upper arm. "Well darn. I imagine you two being an adorable couple."