"What, why?" She questioned, a look of hurt expressed in her deep green eyes even if she was trying to hide it from her face. She dropped Tori's hands and turned to me.

"It's getting really late and I'm sure your father is wondering where you are," I explained, she looked conflicted before softly nodding her head. Spencer wrapped her thin arms around my torso and hugged me tightly. I immediately engulfed her and held on for dear life. I didn't want her to leave but she's only human. She can't handle all of this right now.

Spencer pulled away from the hug and looked up at me. I pressed my lips against her forehead at the root of her silky hair. As I pulled away, she caught me off guard by plopping a quick kiss on my lips making me grin.

"I'll talk to Diego tomorrow and then come back here to help." She says. I can't push her away too much so I nod my head in understanding. With that, she walked away from Tori and me to the front door. Once she was out of the house, Tori turned to me.

"She's perfect for you... and for this pack." She comments. I smile and get a strong feeling of pride in myself.

___

I couldn't breathe, it was so dark and empty and I couldn't breathe. I felt a sense of panic wash over me as I got lost in this emptiness.

Why couldn't I breathe? My head throbbed against my skull making me want to throw up. I couldn't think with this painful pounding in my skull.

It's because I can't breathe. There's this funky smell clogging up my nostrils, I could quite place it. What is this? Where am I?

I could hear a mumbling voice from far away in the darkness. It wasn't familiar to me but every time it spoke the pressure on my lungs increased. Whatever it is, it's taking my voice away.

It mumbled again. And again. And it got clearer every time.

I start to panic, even more, I tried to yell but my voice was gone. My lips trembled as I wanted to cry. Tears fell down my cheeks terrified.

The voice mumbled again. Every time it got clearer my panic increased. I started to run blind just to get away. It was so dark, I could even see my own hands. Where am I? I just need to keep running even if I can't see what's ahead of me.

It spoke again, I cried out. Again, my chest tightened. Again, it was so much clearer that I could almost understand it. Again, I fell to my knees. Again, I was ready to give up. Again, I tried to scream until... "Wake up!"

I shot up in my bed with sweat beading down the sides of my face. I was having trouble breathing which started to panic me. Was that my alpha wolf? Was that his voice? Was my wolf warning me? I looked around my room until I saw smoke creep through the crack under my door. 

I jumped out of my bed and ran to it, grabbing the metal knob. I hissed as it burned me, taking a few steps back, I looked around my room. I could climb out of my window and survive the fall. With that thought, I ran to my window ledge. Looking down I could easily jump out, maybe break a few bones but with my werewolf genes, I'd heal faster.

I looked back at my bedroom door and grimaced. There could still be people in the house. My mother, sister, and father. Some other pack members could be trapped right now. Looking back at the window, I sighed. I wouldn't be able to save anyone with a broken leg even if it's temporary.

I ran back to the door, covering my nose with my shirt so I don't breathe in the smoke. Taking a deep hesitant breath, I grabbed the door nob with my hands. I groan as the heat seared through my skin but I turned it anyway with a gripping determination. The door opened to reveal a huge tall wall of flames. Shit.