22

*22

*
22

SPENCER MURDOCK

We entered Jackson's gorgeous modern home, the entrance gave a majestic modern vibe with a lightened hall that leads to the living room. In there were cloud couches and the walls facing outside were made of spotless glass. I could see the entire view over Dimmsvale. In an open wall space was the kitchen which looked like it came out of a Martha Stewart show. Marble countertops and beautiful stainless steel appliances.

I could feel eyes bore into the back of my head as I admired the cozy home. I turned around to see Jackson's handsome and powerful father watching me with a look of pure curiosity. It made a shiver run down my spine. 

"I'd like to talk to Mrs. Murdock alone." His low gruff voice demand. I could still feel his intense stare boring into me.

"Father-" My boyfriend tried to interrupt and save me from whatever wrath Mr. Hale wanted to demonstrate. I have faced my father when he was angry and if my loving dad could hit his own daughter in order for me to grow stronger then I must prove my strength to him. He didn't sacrifice his relationship with me so I can be weak against a man like Jackson's father.

"Okay." I interrupted Jackson. This was a choice that I needed to make. If being with Jackson means that I have kiss the Hale family's ass then so be it. "I'll be fine," I whispered to Jackson but it wasn't any use to hide my fear of talking to Mr. Hale. All these werewolves knew.

I noticed that the people here, excluding Diego who went home because this wasn't a vampire's territory and Spencer was safe, respected Mr. Hale but they also feared him. I knew that fear could lead not only the evil but the good. Like a stern, stubborn dad with a pension for punishment but the tough love was worth it. I just want to see how Jackson's dad is using his fear, what side is he on? As a human, I understand the mask a person can place on themselves to hide the true depth of their nature. 

I let go of my boyfriend and followed his father into a room. It had a large wooden desk and two wooden chairs. It felt as if it was a library with an office inside it instead of a business room. And this was the only room that wasn't modernly built. My heart clenched in my chest as I was intimidated by the order of this room. Everything is neat, clean, and organized. There was not a hair out of place when it came to the man's professionalism.

"Miss Murdock-" He started but it made me cringe, I couldn't stand being called that label. 

"Spencer, you can call me Spencer," I told him.

"Spencer... I am so glad my son has found his mate but I am wary about you being a human. In the past, this kind of pairing didn't work out." He explained, motioning to the chairs for me to sit down. I obeyed and he sat behind the desk.