15

*

*

15

JACKSON HALE

Opening my eyes to Spencer was the most memorable experience I have ever had, this had been the first time I woke up next to her. To the love of my life and the woman that would eventually mother my pups. Her flawless skin, deserted of blemishes, was glowing a soft blue as the dawn light graced her sleeping face. Her chestnut hair spread around carelessly, her long lashes resting on the apples of her cheeks, and her tan skin laid bare - a special thanks to women's workout wear - all of it seemed perfect to me. Like a finished masterpiece only I could see and others would envy. 

I tore my eyes away from Spencer's sleeping figure, forcing myself to get up from the bed and use the restroom. Looking into the mirror as I washed my hands, I could see a bit of yellow in my eyes. Closing them, I tried to calm down my wolf letting the warm water hit my soapy hands. All night he had been pushing me toward her, steamrolling his desire to claim her through my will. Sometimes, I was scared that I would give in one day. 

Opening my eyes, before my attention was my own tan face. My auburn hair was unkempt and there was still crust in my ducts but I looked healthily slept. I felt a bit rejuvenated after sleeping with my mate and calming down my wild wolf. Tearing my attention away, I walked out of the bathroom and went out to the hall. I wanted to make breakfast for Spencer and me, and maybe go over what we would do next with my family. 

I walked into the kitchen to spot a tall man in a neatly pressed suit, it was raven black and pristine. His tie color was coral blue, a tie meant for business, against a white collared shirt. His dark hair slicked back, I almost mistook him for a vampire councilman, and he was pouring himself a steaming cup of coffee. I deduced that this was Spencer's father.

"Good morning, Mr. Murdock." I insert myself into his morning routine. 

Her father turns to look at me, his eyes narrowed and judging. I suddenly felt aware of my lack of a shirt but remember that there wasn't one available to me. This didn't allow me to earn any brownie points with him. 

"Good morning, young man." His voice was gruff, almost gravelly, and had a small fading accent. Her father offered his hand out to shake forcing me to walk closer to him in the kitchen by the table. 

I take his hand firmly into mine, "Jackson Hale." Introducing myself respectfully. 

"Nicholas but you can call me Nick." Satisfied with the handshake, he let go and I let my hand drop to my side. 

It was awkward, "I was just 'bout to make breakfast." I announced expecting a response but only getting a head nod in return. "Do you want anything specific?" I asked him but he shook his head silently.