28

*28

*
28

SPENCER MURDOCK

I stare at the text message Camilla sent me throughout the first half of the service. The words run over and over in my head like a broken record.

He's coming your way. Run.

What does that mean? Who is coming my way? To the funeral? What does that mean?

I hesitantly and secretively text Camilla back. Who?

I waited for a response for almost a minute, giving up on the whole thing. Maybe it's not that important. My phone buzzes in my hand with Camilla's caller ID popping up. I look around at the people standing around Mr. Hale's casket. Tori held Kate's hand with a solum look plastered on their faces like the rest of them. Cayden holds Claire in his arms as she quietly sobs into his chest. Jackson watches his mother dab her eyes with a soft tissue. No one is paying attention to me so I take this opportunity to sneak out the back of the crowd.

I answer the phone once I'm far away enough. "Hello?" I whisper, looking up at the sky. It looks like it's going to rain today. It was sunny this morning.

"Spencer!" Camilla yells on the other end. The sound of Diego's sports car vrooms through traffic. "Spencer, where are you?"

"At the funeral. Why?"

"I talked to Derek! It didn't take long for him to tell me everything. He doesn't know his name, only what he looks like, but he said that the man is planning an attack on the pack. Right now. They're going to interrupt the funeral."

"What?" I exclaimed in a whisper. This can't be true.

"He's going to kill them all!" Camilla yells into the phone. "Fuck, Spencer! You have to tell Jackson!"

"Get here quick," I tell her before hanging up.

I turn back to the crowd of people who didn't hear a word of this conversation and jog towards them. I need to tell Jackson so he can do his alpha thing. In the distance, ahead of the service, I could see a few men crouching behind a tombstone. On one of their shoulder looks like a grenade launcher. A fucking grenade launcher.

I go full speed toward the crowd, I'm not that far away.

"Jackson!" I yell and he immediately turns around. He looks at me curiously and I point behind him making him turn his head. He sees the men, they're about to shoot the launcher. It's aimed at us. "Jackson!" Why isn't he doing anything?

The men pull the trigger and I see the fucking missile fly towards us. I immediately grab Jackson's arm and pull him to the ground. A huge boom is heard as vibrations flood underneath them and before the screams of the other people. Children crying and people are terrified.