24

*24

*
24

SPENCER MURDOCK

After I woke up this morning, I went on a jog in the cool air. I could feel the summer weather ending and fall beginning. I heard the wrestling of the tree branches as the wind flew through them. My ponytail followed in suit, flying in the wind as my body tensed and untensed. I went home after, threw on a skirt and long sleeve.

So, this morning was pretty good. On my run, I could stop thinking about Jackson. It was odd I usually thought of him all the time but this morning I felt as if I could get him out of my mind as if he was calling out to me. Like I needed to be there for him but I need to speak with Diego as quickly as I can. So as soon as I was done getting ready I headed to his home. I remember the roads from last time and his huge fancy house was easy to spot.

I parked the car in front of his house and pet Auggie who was beside me. I had to bring him because I needed him by my side. I felt so off today and being with the one thing that has stayed constant in my life felt like a release.

"Auggie, you have to behave. I'm going to leave in the car with the windows down, I'll be back in twenty minutes to check on you." He cocked his head to the side making me smile at him. "I love you, Babe."

Auggie stayed in his seat as trained with his tail wagging like crazy. I couldn't bring him in due to the house being filled with vampires. My dog's senses would heighten and he would try to protect me. I don't want him attacking the wrong person.

After making sure everything is fine, I exit the car and head to the front door. I knocked on it and waited for someone to answer. Suddenly the door swung open to reveal Camilla in her pajama bottoms, a T-shirt, and her thick dark hair in a messy bun that rests on top of her head.

"Spencer?" She says groggily. "God, you're an early bird like my brother." I chuckle at her. "Come in, I'll go get Diego."

I stepped into her house and looked around at the familiar items placed on the walls. I walked by old pictures of them that I hadn't really noticed before. If I had then I probably thought they were old relatives from way back. There never were photos of them as children only what they look like now. It led me to think that once I'm gone, and passed away, they will still be alive and young. They will go through the lifetimes of other people and loved ones. They will watch them leave this world all the while they still remained. Immortality seemed more like a curse than a blessing.

I gently ran my fingers against the tan walls as I entered the living room. It lacked many furniture and television which explained Diego's ignorance of human culture. Does Jackson watch television? Is it something the supernatural doesn't do? Do they just have incredible abilities that they are never bored of in life?