03

*

*

03

JACKSON HALE

A weird feeling hit me, my palms began to sweat and my heart thumped against my chest, there was something coming towards me. A distinct smell of birthday party desserts; cake, ice cream, and candy. I had always enjoyed my birthday parties, they were my favorite time of the year. All of my friends got together and celebrated my life, I enjoyed returning the favor as well. My instincts forced me to look for the source of the smell and when I found it I saw her

I turned my head and saw the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. She had long ashy hair that cascaded down her shoulders. Tan skin that looked too good to be fake and a smooth clear complexion. Her dark green eyes made contact with mine and I narrowed mine in admiration and confusion.

This gorgeous girl is my mate, but she's human. She's purely human, I could hear her heart beat faster as she approached us. I could hear her blood pump and the slightly familiar scent of a human buried deep underneath all the delicious scents.

"Do you smell that?" I whispered to Cayden next to me, just to be sure that it was only me.

"The chick walking to us?" He asked looking at her, I saw him run his eyes up and down her small curvy frame. A beat of jealousy rose up my throat threatening a growl but I held it back. "She smells like the principal from the meeting. I think that's what humans smell like."

So it was me. Only me. Which means that she is my mate. My beautiful mate, even in that mismatching ugly jacket - whose colors seem to match the rest of the school - it couldn't bring down the level of pure beauty.

"Hi," she says smiling at us, her teeth whiter than most of our pack's. "my name is Spencer and I'll be your guide for today." She glanced at all of us individually before continuing. "I guess we can start our tour."

I watched as Spencer made eye contact with me, my face headed up but I quickly covered up with a smirk. She rolled her eyes and turned around to start walking. Her ignorance stabbed me in the heart. I knew that was an asshole move but a lot of girls fell for that kind of stuff. Spencer wasn't having it.

"Wow," Tori whispered behind me. "this girl must be something if she can withstand Jackson's dickishness." I turned around and shot her a glare but she just smiled at me.

"Over there are the bathrooms," Spencer announced pointing across the campus. "Boys are the left and girls are the right. These are the only bathrooms that are open at lunch. The other ones are in the 600 building." She pointed at the huge building towering over us. "Other than lunch, those are open all school day."