02

*02

*
02

SPENCER MURDOCK

"And our transfers will be joining us today so, please make them feel at home and a part of our pack." Our Principle announced at our assembly.

It's a little odd that these students are just transferring to our school a month into the year. All the grades too, freshman through senior. Now they are going to be a part of our wolf pack, not an actual wolf pack. Our school's mascot is the Timberwolves and we kind of take it seriously. Now we have over a hundred students more to do the same. Our school is way too big to be adding more people, we are overpopulated as it is.

"There will be a rally for them this Friday. Bring your school spirit." He ended his speech and back off the podium. The teachers got up from the bleachers and helped guide all of us out of the gym.

I stepped on each of the benches with my wedges clacking on them bringing attention from some of the boys around me. I had no idea who they were but they started whispering lowly to each other about me, I'm assuming.

"Ai Mami!" They whistled and I just throw my middle finger at them in response. The boys laughed at me as I clicked and clacked out of the gym away from everyone else.

The population of Meadows Ridge High is so huge that our assembly had to be split into two separate groups. Group A and B. I was a part of B and now that it's over, we can go to lunch. As students from group A were being let out of class to join us, I saw a very large crowd of students around the main office.

"Spencer!" A familiar voice called behind me. I turned around to see Cassie jogging toward me. Her bright white smile drew me in and her tight curls were thrown into a messy bun on the top of her heart-shaped head. "I've been calling your name for the longest time."

"Oh, sorry." I apologized. She threw her hand at me as if to say 'no worries'.

"It's fine." She smiled at me and lifted up a navy blue windbreaker with the words Ask Me Questions in bolded black and a forest green smiley face under it. Our school colors. Her manicured french tip nails clench the clothing as she reaches out to me. "Here's the jacket for guiding the new students. I know you missed the leadership meeting and decided to grab one for you."

I smiled at her kindly. "Thank you, Cassie," I said as I accepted the jacket from her.

"Yeah, sure." She told me. "I'll see you later." She said before walking off to her own friend group with similar windbreakers as the one she gave me.

I know all of those girls from the Student Leadership class, where students participate in school activities like rallies and red ribbon week. I joined my freshman year, looking for new friends, and now I am a senior with the same amount of friends I had when I started. Zero.

Sighing, I walked to the overseeing teacher, Mrs. Anderson, and gave her a small "hi." She looked up from her clipboard and smiled at me, her dark eyes gleaming with happiness. Mrs. Anderson had always favored me in a way. Maybe because I got all my work done or because I never caused any trouble. Either way, I'm glad she likes me.

"Spencer." She greeted gleaming. If it wasn't weird and probably against school policy, I'd hug Mrs. Anderson right now. "So I've assigned you to group 6, you can show them around the school and tell them the ins and outs. They're lucky to have you as a guide."

"Thank you, Mrs. Anderson," I said politely. I don't what it's about but I always seem to say 'thank you' to everything. I even say 'sorry' a lot, maybe I'm Canadian.

"No problem, sweetie- oh Cassie!" She moved on to the curly haired girl. I watched the teacher give Cassie, and her friends, group numbers.

Finally, I slipped on my jacket, leaving my long blonde hair stuck under it. I walked over to another teacher with a clipboard with the words Moon Stone High School on the back of his shirt in small lettering. I took a deep hesitant breath before approaching him.

"Excuse me," I called to him and he looked up. "Which group is 6?"

The teacher stared at me longer than comfortable and pointed to a group of students who were laughing louder than the others. They seemed really fit - actually, all the students looked super fit. The guys were incredibly good looking and the girls were really attractive. But a specific boy in group 6 caught my eye.

He was laughing at one of his friend's jokes, his eyes crinkled and his head threw back. All the people in the group seemed to want to get on his good side, try to make him laugh, and when he did they looked accomplished. It was really unusual.

The guy stopped laughing but the rest of the group continued to talk and joke around. He seemed like he was looking for something. He turned his head towards me and stared creepily. His dark eyes narrowed as he caught me watching him.

With nothing else to do at this moment, I walked up to the group because it was my job. My shoes clicked clacked once again, headed to the group. As I got closer, my palms started to sweat and my heart beat rapidly against my chest. The closer I got to the group more nervous I grew.

"Hello." I greeted them loudly and they all instantly quieted at the sound of my voice. That was kind of weird. I thought. "My name is Spencer and I'm your guide for the day." I counted five people, the odd guy, a girl with dark hair slicked back into a low ponytail, an attractive boy with black nail polish, a girl with strawberry hair, and lastly a tall blond guy. All of them staring at me in awe. Like I was a rare unicorn they just spotted.

"I guess we can start our tour." I continued and they all looked at each other.

Now Or NeverOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara