Chapter 31❤

(Verity's P.O.V)
My phone went off.. trying not wake Tobias up, I saw the caller ID, just trying to block the thoughts.. I saw Tobias wake up. 'Morning you. Did you sleep well?" I yawned.. sitting up as Tobias sat up beside me. "Mummy..." I cuddled him. Kissing his forehead. "Can we go and see Matty?" I loved how he asked about him. I saw my phone flash.. It was Ross. What did he want? I let it ring. "Come on you. Let's go and find Grannddad." We found them downstairs.. canoodling! "Guys!!!" They looked at us.. laughing. "Sorry sweetheart." Dad tidied up his shirt. "Hello you." Megan asked for a hug."Aw! You're really adorable.' Megan sat up, talking to him as he tried to tickle her. 'Verity? Can I have a quick word?' I followed Dad upstairs. 'Ross knows that you're seeing Matty.' It was one thing after another with him. 'How?' Dad explained that he was taking a walk around the village and that he heard Matty shouting..' I laughed at this..

'We went for a few drinks, he started making me giggle actually.' Dad noticed the smile on my face. "How's the recovery going?' I sat on my bed.. taking my shoes off. 'Not so great. I just think about relepasing all the time. It is llittle things. Like going to the cafe, seeing a plate of food.. whether it's a cake or a sandwich.. I just want to eat it, sit there, eat, eat, eat... then having the laxatives feels like a safety net.' Dad shuffled over, taking me into his arms. 'You are so loved Verity. Your boy loves you so much. He even asked Megan about the baby.' Dad was not listening. I felt angry, frustrated.. 'Just get out..' She released herself from me. Starting to find my stuff, Dad looked on. 'Not pretty, stupid, silly for even getting involved with Ross..' Dad looked worried.. 'Verity. You don't have to do this.. talk to me.' I lifted up my head. Feeling tiredness all over every part of my body. 'You can't help me Dad! No one can.' I budged past him... going downstairs. 'Mummy!' Tobias was everything to me. 'Hi you.' I picked him up, taking him straight upstairs.. Dad standing on the stair. 'Granddad? What's wrong?' I walked upstairs.. Dad just looking on at him.

(Graham's P.O.V)

'She's leaving. She can't handle this illness.' Megan sat with me, looking like she knew something. 'Do you know something I don't?' I saw her get more and more nervous as I sat there.. taking her hand. 'I just can't deal with her leaving again. I have just built up a really good relationship with her. Ross did what he did.' Megan told me to just listen.. 'I do actually have something to tell you." I braced myself.. 'I found her in the bath the other night. She was sat in there for a while. She was freezing. She looked so upset.' We heard Tobias talking.. as we opened the door, she looked at Megan. 'I can't believe that you told him. I trusted you.' She slung her bag over her shoulder, 'Say bye to Granddad baby.' Dad hugged him. 'I promise that I'll see you soon.' Megan hugged him as well. I then left. Hearing my phone, I took it out. It was Anna. 'Hi. Is everything alright?' I walked over to the park. Letting Tobias play. 'No. I've just left. This illness has taken over Anna. I'm convinced that Ross has really won. I can't do it. I can't fight it.' Anna asked me where I was. 'I'm at the park. Please tell Matty to meet me at the bus stop.' She said that she was bringing him to the park. 'I know it isn't what you want to hear, but my duty as a best friend is to help you.' Ross will not win this.. between you and me, he's already enjoying his freedom. I'll be there soon.' Watching Tobias playing made me see what a happy child that he was. Seeing messages from Dad and Megan made me really upset..

Sweetheart, we just want to help you. I'm sorry for being really rubbish earlier. I know that you miss your mum deeply. She would adore her grandson. I love you. Xx

I saw Anna walking with Matty. 'Hi you.' I just hugged Matty for as long as I could.. feeling his lips touch my cheek. "Auntie!' Anna cuddled her godson.. 'you're really going then?' Matty held my hand. 'I want to. I was going to tell you. I miss mum so much. But then, I thought about you, social services.. coming to take Tobias away from me.' Matty squeezed my hand. Looking at Tobias.. 'Ross doesn't deserve to have Tobias in his life. He's had so much drama going on, he was clearly using you. You loved him. The thing is... I still think I do. He is the father of my child. 'Mummy? We have to go now?' I just cried.. Matty held me as Anna came to sit next to me. "Babe, I've known you forever. You're really strong. I love you so much.' Matty joked about.. 'I love her more Anna!' The 2 most important people in my life were bickering.. about me?😆 'I'll go back to Dad's.' We all walked towards the house.. 'Yeah and Mummy is going to get better.' Matty held my hand.. we then all saw the lady from social services...

"Babe.. listen... to. Me.' I felt my entire body freeze. "He can't. Do this." Anna ran all the way with Tobias to get Megan. 'I think she's having like a panic attack. 'HELP!' I then felt my eyes close... 'Take Tobias inside please Anna.'

(Graham's P.O.V)
'Matty?' I looked at him in shock... he tried compressions on her. "Did she take anything?' He said no. 'I just went to meet her with Anna, she was fine.' I took over trying to resuscitate her.. 'Ahh... my baby girl. Come on...' I could hear Matty's voice on the phone. 'Yes please. At Home Farm. Emmerdale Village. Her name is Verity Foster.' As soon as Matty rang Moira.. the ambulance was here. 'We'll meet you at the hospital.' Moira went with Matty to the car as I stepped into the ambulance. I just wanted to help my daughter, know what was going on inside her head...

Once we arrived at the hospital, she was rushed straight into resus... Anna, Matty and Moira arrived eventually. 'Grannddad?' Tobias wanted me. 'Hiya you. The doctors are making mummy better.' I looked into his eyes.. so sweet, innocent, carefree.' We sat in the waiting area for hours.. 'I should of been there for her more Mum.' Moira looked towards me. 'You're doing the best that you can sweetheart. She will be ok.' We saw a doctor walk towards us.. Graham stood up. 'How's my daughter?' The doctor said that due to her taking the laxatives and not eating properly, her insides are severely damaged. "She's going to need surgery. It may take a couple of hours. She also has severe bleeding in her stomach as well. Megan squeezed my hand... kissing me. 'Are any of you able to go and get some of her belongings?' Matty offered to do that. 'You stay here.' Tobias ran up to him. 'I like you." He hugged him. "I like you as well mate. I'll be back soon.' He left, then my phone rang. 'It's Ross.' I left it to ring.

He wasn't going anywhere near my daughter and grandson. This time, I MEANT IT.