Chapter 21❤

(Verity's P.O.V)
I had just arrived at home when I heard arguing.. "I'll just leave then. I knew that this would not work. Me and you!" The living room door swung open. Megan was all emotional as Dad ran after her. "MEGAN! WAIT!" I hurried in the house. Made Tobias something to eat.. I closed the door halfway. Hearing Dad slam the door. I went to go and sit on the sofa. He just stared at the wall. Silence filling the room. "We argued about keeping the baby. She's really hormonal, stressed, she was so.. emotional last night. She came to stay over. I have no idea what's going through her head. Did she say anything when you went out with her?" I said no. "Honestly. She was saying how much she loves you Dad. She seems really excited for this new baby." Dad looked so upset. Like he just wanted to burst into tears..

"Dad.. listen." I sat next to him as he finally caved in. Tears running down his cheeks. "Things will work out. I promise. You both love one another." He wiped his tears away.. he noticed that I seemed happier then usual.  "I saw Ross today. I was at the park with Tobias and Will." I heard crying.. running upstairs, I saw that Tobias had hurt himself. "Ahhh baby.. it's alright. Mummy's here." Cradling him into my arms.. I assessed the damage. "I.. fell.. on the stair mummy."

I cuddled him.. kissing his forehead. Getting a plaster for his knee, he whimpered. "Alright sweetie." I just held him tightly. I loved him so much. I know Ross loved him as well. He asked to go and see Dad. "Hiya my little champ!" Dad fist bumped him! "All better now?" He agreed. "Shall we watch your favourite tv show?" He switched on the tv. "I'll be in the kitchen making something to eat."

I stood near the countertop.. just hearing my fingernails tap on it. I wasn't really hungry. I hadn't eaten in 4 days. I had only been drinking. Not having breakfast, lunch or dinner. Eating was just not on the cards for me. I had been taking those tablets for the last couple of days. Just eat something. It's simple. "It's not! Just stop! Stop!" I smashed my hand on the countertop... Feeling the pain on my hand. It was red, bloodied and grazed. I winced. Standing in the hallway.. I heard my little boy giggling. "This is really funny Granddad!"

I left the house. Texted Ross..

Meet me at the house. I need a drink. A lot of it.