Chapter 29❤

(Verity's P.O.V)

I was going to see Matty today. I didn't feel so well.. but I could handle it. "Morning sweetheart." Dad walked in to the kitchen. I smiled at him.. drinking my tea. "Morning. How's Megan?" He seemed tight lipped. "She's alright. We have our scan." I nearly squealed! "This is so exciting. Ah Dad." He blushed a bit. "We have lots to set up." I offered to help. "That would be great. Megan said that she doesn't want a big fuss of a baby shower or anything." I kept that in mind. "Are you going to be working today?" I sipped my drink. Feeling my phone buzz, I took it out. It was Matty.

Free for a coffee?😋

I smiled at his message. Dad noticed. "You should see how things go with him. He's lovely. Where is my grandson?" I put the mug in the sink, standing there. Feeling ill... I got my stuff, seeing Tobias coming downstairs. "Granddad woke me up Mummy. Where are you going?" I loved him. "Out with Matty. You will have so much fun with Granndad though." I kissed him..

Going upstairs as I heard Dad in the living room with him, I went  to my bedroom to sort out an outfit. I texted him back.

Of course. 10 minutes? I'll meet you at your house if that's ok?🙂

I decided to wear my red checked shirt, my boyfriend jeans and my converses.  He texted back.

Yeah sure. Mum is out.. distracting herself. I'll tell you more when you arrive.❤  I jumped in the shower, watching the time. Just feeling all weird. I stopped the water, used my towel and stepped out of the shower. I felt so sad on the inside. The illness was slowly taking over again. I had been taking the tablets again. I didn't eat breakfast. Your body is disgusting. You're awful. I looked in the bathroom mirror. Seeing how tired I looked, I probably could go a bit longer without eating.

I made my way downstairs. Just putting stuff in my bag. Locking the front door, I started walking to meet Matty. Seeing Ross across the village made me feel so... used. I recieved a text from Anna.

I hope you have a fab day with Matty. I was worried as I hadn't heard from you. Are you ok?💜

Reaching Moira and Cain's house, I knocked on the door. Cain answered. 'Hi. Come in. He's just upstairs getting ready.' I sat in their living room. 'How is Moira then?' Cain came to sit. 'She is in town with Issac. She is trying to manage her illness.'

I heard someone coming down the stairs. 'Wow.. you look..' Matty looked really handsome.

It made me smile ridiculously! 'We'll see you later.' We then made our way up the streets..

'Where are you taking me?' He took my hand. I'm sure he stated a coffee in the text message? He told me to close my eyes.. 'One minute..'

He then told me to open them. I felt like crying!♡ He had organised a picnic in the local park. 'I love this.' He asked me to sit down. "I have prepared cheese and ham sandwiches.' He set them out.. looking all cute. 'I just thought about something different to do. I really, really like you.' Good thing that I liked him as well. 'Tobias is growing up so quickly. It has been mad. I'm really grateful for Dad, your mum.. everyone.' Matty just kept saying how pretty I looked. It felt nice to hear sweet words. 'I have really enjoyed tonight.' Matty laid on the blanket that he had brought along.

'Just chill with me.' We laid together.. just in a comfortable silence. Looking up at the starry sky. 'When I arrived back to the village, things weren't so easy with Mum. We argued a lot. I had been through this entire transition on my own. I wanted to come back.. because I missed everyone." I just found myself leaning towards him. "I really want to kiss you.." Matty may have blushed a bit. "Then go ahead."

His lips were so soft. I just felt safe with him. "That was nice." He sat up, helping him clean up. I saw his phone light up. "It's just Mum. Asking if I had a nice time." I walked back towards the village with him. "So, are you feeling ok?" He seemed so intrested.. it kind of scared me. "Yes and no. It's complicated." He took me to the front door. "I'll text you. See you." He kissed my cheek. 'See you."

I let myself in. Trying to not make so much noise. "Good night?" Megan popped her head out. She must of seen Matty. "Yes thankyou. Is Tobias alseep?" She said yes. "Your Dad is up working still." I rolled my eyes. "Typical." I went upstairs, took my clothes off and kissed my boy goodnight.