Chapter 22❤

(Ross's P.O.V)
I was getting ready to meet Verity.  I came outside and saw her running towards me. "Hey... hey.. what's up?" She cried. Not looking at me. I brought her into the house. "I just can't deal with my bulimia. It's becoming too much." We headed inside.. Verity snuggled into me. "I've not eaten in 4 days Ross. I have just stopped." Ross let go of me.. noticing the look on my face. "I've been purging again! That's right!" I felt so much anger inside of me.. He didn't believe me. "Look... You're really strong for telling me.  When did you stop eating?" I could tell that something was on her mind. "I stopped eating from yesterday." I felt so bad for her.. just sitting next to her.

She settled into me.. I comforted her as she continued to cry. 'I took laxatives when I was at home. Dad was asleep.  I just sat in the kitchen on my own for a while, drinking water.. I just thought about everything that I went through. Mum dying, you..' I held on to her. Feeling really bad, I just spoke to her. 'Your mum passing away was not your fault. Me leaving you to give birth on your own was my fault.' She let go of my hands.. looking away from me. 'V..  I was in a messy place. I truthfully hadn't fully got rid of my addictions. Seeing you pregnant made me see what I could be a part of. I craved happiness. I just wanna see my son.' My body felt so hurt.. "I'm sorry for keeping him from you." I wiped my tears. Sat up, Ross stroked my hand. "He's like you in a lot of ways. He acts like you, looks like you." He asked if I wanted a drink. "No thanks. I had better go. Thanks for being there for me." I rested my hand on her shoulder. "I'll text you."

I made my way home.. just thinking about the Ross I sat with tonight. I didn't want to ruin our arrangement. I let myself in. Going straight upstairs, I showered. Thinking about not being with him at night times was becomimg hard. Tobias would ask for him more and more at bedtime. He loved stories. Dad would read one to him.. He would ask for Ross. I could co parent with him. That wasn't hard. I got myself sorted. Hearing Dad on the phone.. "We should talk. I miss you." He missed her!? Awww..😩 "Dad?' He looked up. Seeing me. He went all quiet.

He ended the phone call, looking at me. "How was Ross?" Butterflies started swarming around in my stomach... "He was great. I just didn't feel myself, I just needed someone to talk to. You see, I relapsed. I started taking the tablets again. They were just there." Dad stood up, hugged me. "I just felt like everything was crumbling around me. Tobias kept asking where he was.. It all became too much." Dad said that I would figure things out.

"You just need to put Tobias first. I can tell that he misses Ross. He may just need alone time with him." I thought about it. "Maybe you're right. I'm going to check on T." I ran upstairs.. seeing my little boy sleep always made my heart swell. I ran my hand through his blonde hair, kissed him goodnight. Just as I was jumping into the shower, I got a text from Ross.

I really, really miss you. I know what I did will never be forgotten. I want to make it up to you. Let's have another date. I'll show up and everything. X

He really knew how to make me blush and smile! As I jumped in the shower, I thought about reconsidering his idea.. I did really want to talk about our situation properly this time. I felt so exhausted. The shower felt really refreshing. I jumped out, sorted myself out.. jumping into bed.. I thought about what to reply with when Anna texted..

Missing my godson! He is one gorgeous little boy. Xxxx

I texted her back..

He's missing you too. Ross texted me. Asking me to meet him!Xx

She replied..

Ahhh. Xx. What's this then? A date or just meeting up?😏

I think I knew what it was.. I just didn't know how to feel about this.