Chapter 13❤

(Verity's P.O.V)

I woke up feeling refreshed. Hopefully I would be going home today. My baby boy was alert. I found myself smiling. I got myself ready.. hearing Tobias squirm.. I picked him up. Comforting him. 'Well good morning to you my angel.' He gurgled, looked around. 'Mummy and you are going home today.' I saw Dad through the ward doors. He came through with some bags. 'Hiya.' He hugged me. Taking Tobias. 'Well.. hello you handsome man.' Dad seemed really comfortable. 'Megan asked me if you would to meet her later.' I managed to put my clothes on just as Dad saw to Tobias. "There we go little guy. Yes.. Mummy is ok.." I turned, looking at my little boy.

The nurse came along with discharge papers. "Thankyou for everything." I signed the papers just as Tobias started looking around. "If you need anything, just make an appoiment. He's so adorable." We went out to the car park and I was really surprised. Dad had thought of everything. A car seat, a few packs of nappies, and a bottle set. He looked so sheepish..

"Thankyou." He opened up the car door for me and placed my little boy in his new carseat.. he made a few noises, falling alseep slowly. "Have you decided what you're going to do?"

I said no. "Everything went so quick. I just didn't really think about it." Dad offered me my old bedroom back at Home Farm. "I'll take it." We got back to the village. This made me feel really nervous.

"I'll take him Dad. Thankyou though." He admitted that he needed to go and rest. "I still have some brusing on my chest. Megan said that I should be taking it easy." I picked up my little boy as Dad took some bags inside.

"Here's your new home baby boy." I pressed my lips to his forehead. His face crinkled up slightly.. "Yeah.. we are home." Dad helped me out, asking me if I needed anything else. "No thanks. You go and rest." He followed his orders!😂

Once I had made up a few bottles, Anna rang me. "Hiya! Heard that you're home now. How is it?" News travels fast doesn't it? "Yes I am. I'm back at Home Farm. Dad wants to help me." I finished making up the bottles, took one up to my little boy and held him as I was on the phone. "I saw Ross yesterday.. he was asking me about you." As my baby drank his milk, my brain started whizzing around with thoughts.. "He asked how everything was going at the hospital. He metioned the drink, drugs and that he really wants to see Tobias."

Let him. Don't let him. I'm working on myself. Kissing him was a mkstake...

"I'm sorry, but I've only just been discharged, he wasn't there to see his son being born. He kissed me to shut me up frankly.." Anna really agreed with what I was saying. "Yes darling.. Mummy is here.." She said that Ross wants to talk to me. "I'll message him when I am ready Anna. See you later." I ended the call. Tobias just cried. I comforted him for the rest of the afternoon. I didn't want to talk. I just wanted to snuggle my face into my baby.

As the day continued, I found myself being really hungry. "Hiya." I jumped as Tobias opened his eyes. "Hi Dad." I sighed.. "Let me take him." I handed him over as I took out bread, butter, ham and cheese. I made myself a sandwhich. Sitting down, Dad just played with Tobias as I ate. He could see that something was on my mind.

"Anna metioned that Ross was asking about me." Dad looked at Tobias.. seeing him look around, make noises. "Well, he wasn't there to see his own child being born, he wanted you back..." I agreed.. feeling teary again. "I kissed him. Let him back in again." Dad hushed Tobias.. as he looked at me with his big brown eyes. "How about I invite Megan round so you two can get to know one another?" Tobias reached his hand out. "That would be fab."

I finished off my food, and just kissed my little boy's cheeks. "Shall Mummy get dressed?" We headed upstairs.  I wondered what to wear. I placed Tobias in his cot. He drifted off pretty quickly. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping.😍 I decided to just put some house clothes on as I wasn't really going anywhere. Anna texted me..

Hey,

Sorry for earlier. I should of understood that you were still trying to figure things out. I'll come over later with some ice cream alright? I'm only across the road. Love you lots!Xx

A...😊💗x

I felt better now that she had apologised. I just hope things with Ross would be better soon.