Important People☽2☾

Start from the beginning

"Who are the Originals?" Elena asked trying to figure out what all their up against.

"I already said it they're the first vampires ever made," Isabel told Elena who was surprised that she knew anything on them.

"Trevor and I have been running from them for 500 years. We're tired, we want it over. We're using you two to negotiate ourselves out of an old mess."

"But why us specifically?" Isabel asked.

"You are very important to the Originals." She told Izzy before she turned to Elena. "And because you are a Petrova Doppelgänger. You're the key to breaking the curse."

"The curse? The sun and the moon curse?" Elena asks thinking about what she has heard about the curse so far.

"Oh, you do know your history," she said with a small smile although she said it sarcastically.

"What do you mean I'm the key? The moonstone is what breaks the curse," Elena said confused about what Rose-Mary told her.

"No, the moonstone is what binds the curse. The sacrifice is what breaks it." She informed them.

"The sacrifice?" Elena asked.

"The blood of the doppelgänger. You're the doppelgänger. Which means, in order to break the curse you're the one who has to die."

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Rose-Mary and Elena were still talking when Trevor arrived.

"Tell me more," Elena demanded trying to act strong.

"Captivity has made her pushy, eh? What do you want to know doppelicious?" Trevor asked as he took a wooden plank and covered the window with it, blocking the sunlight from entering the room.

"Who were you running from?" Elena asks and Izzy lowered her head and scrunches her face.

Didn't we just go over that?

"The Originals," Trevor replied.

"Yeah, she said that. What does that mean?" Elena asked again, looking between Rose-Mary and Trevor.

"What the fudge do you think it means?" Isabel asks annoyed. All this was stressing her out and it wasn't good for the health of her baby. Elena certainly could be daft sometimes.

"The first family, the old world. Rose and I pissed them off." Trevor answered, kicking some books on the ground.

Rose-Mary raised her eyebrows and made a noise, "Mm-hmm."

"Correction, I pissed them off, Rose had my back and for over half a millennium, they wanted us dead." Trevor corrected himself.

"What did you do?" Elena asked wondering what they could have done to have people wanting their heads.

"He made the same mistake countless others did: he trusted Katerina Petrova," Rose-Mary said with hatred in her voice. She obviously doesn't like the doppelgänger much like countless others.