Finding Yourself

They say, 'Go to that place, and find yourself!' 
'Travel, and you'll find yourself.'

Sorry, I don't agree. 

Say, why do I have to go that place in order to find myself? Sure, travelling does wonders. It changes you, refreshes you and whatnot. But I don't like the fact that we always have to pair finding ourselves with that ideology. That's all the social media feeds us. 

My view?

You read a book that blows your mind, hits you at the right spot, and makes you understand about yourself things you didn't know until you turned that page. But now you do.

You got yourself in a pinch and you're telling your friend about it, but in the middle of typing and rereading, your fingers pause because you suddenly find the solution and the problem at hand makes much more sense now. 

You're insomniac, lying in bed, letting your thoughts go haywire. And suddenly you widen your eyes as something amongst the swarm of thoughts strikes you. And there, right there. You feel it, as you close your eyes, a smile tugging at your lips.

You're watching a show and one dialogue is all it takes. And you're done. So so done.

Walking down the same road, back from work, your surroundings too familiar to be noticed and the regular buzz you've gotten immune to, you're tracing your steps. And you hear it, the voice within you.

Or sometimes it's 3 pm and you're having a laugh with your friends and you stop mid-sentence. And the suddenness of it leaves you taken aback, at a loss of words. Your friends might think 'what the heck?' and move on to the next topic, but you are aware of how a moment in that afternoon chaos had changed you.

You find bits of yourself at places and in situations you least likely expect. Or is that just me?