Stony Hearts

The other day, oh no. Every other day that I'm scrolling through any social media app, I find a post shared by one of my friends or any page or young writers about how they've been betrayed and now they've sworn to never love again. 
How they have turned cold and their hearts are made of stone now that no one can hurt them. 

Is that what you wanted? To fall in a pit of apathy?

I feel that is ultimately the worst thing that could happen to someone; for them to lose their warmth. For them to lose the ability to 'feel'. 

I read something long ago, "To be strong and gentle is the best combination ever." Well, something along those lines. I didn't understand it back then. But I do now. It's how you're strong enough to withstand whatever comes your way. Yet gentle, always gentle; with people, and with yourself. Because that is the essence of what makes us human. 

(I don't know if my interpretation is right, let me know in the comments of what you think about this quotation).

I don't see why people take pride in being cold-hearted. It's certainly not something you should be proud of and go around flaunting it on social media. My advise? Go to a corner and regain your humanity.  May God bless you. 

Disagree all you want in the comments section. Thank You.