Letter to Extrovert

Dear Extrovert,

I know how I must look to you, turned in and tightly closed like a bud.

You look at my folded arms and think that my heart is likewise, closed and inaccessible.

You see me furrowing my brows and believe I do not see truth and beauty like those of you who go around with wide eyes and wider smiles.

When I say 'no', you think that I don't know how to enjoy life. You shake your head and tell me that I need to learn how to live.

With all due respect, Mr. Extrovert, I must tell you that you are mistaken.

I close the door so that I can open my mind.
I fold my arms so that you don't tear my tender, warm and passionately beating heart straight from my chest.
I say no to many things-- not because I don't know how to live-- but because I've discovered a fountain of life that I need to get back to, lest it dry up while I'm away.

So don't look at me with pity-filled eyes. Don't tell me I need to "open up" or "loosen up" or be more like you.
And please stop comparing my insides from my outside.

There's a lot more to me then you can see.

Can you say the same for yourself?

Warm regards,
Introvert/ Dreamer/ Wanderer.

____________________

Found this letter. I really needed to share this with you all.
There's an upcoming letter, I'll be posting called "Letter to an Introvert". Look out for it.