the maid came into the room shortly after i let angelica. "mr. and mrs. birlem, you have a visitor in the office." she looked over at me and shot me a friendly smile. i smiled back. "nice to have you back rowan."

"thank you pamela." joey smiled at her before bending down to angelica's level. "why don't you go with pamela and get dressed into that new dress daddy bought you so we could go out for dinner with mommy when we get back from an important meeting." angelica squealed excitedly and nodded.

"okay daddy!" she said before skipping over to pamela. pamela took her hand and walked with her upstairs. joey stood back up straight and looked at me.

"roman, leo would you like to join us?" leo shook his head.

"thanks joey, but we're gonna pass." roman nods in agreement. "we need to go get the girls mentally ready for the show tomorrow. we don't want them to screw up now don't we?" roman adds as he walked over to me. "good to have you back sis."

"good to see you." i hug him back. "you too my future brother in law." i winked over at leo. i saw him blush and look down.

"put a ring on it already god damn it." i whisper into romans ear before pulling away.

"we'll see you two tomorrow." roman shouts behind him as he walked to the front door with leo.

i walk with joey over to the office. he opens the door and steps aside so i can walk in first. i giggle and kiss his cheek before walking inside, but quickly stop in my tracks when i see a familiar face standing in front of the desk. joey closed the door behind him and stopped right next to me.

"hector."

my father smirked over at us. i look at his head and saw that he went blonde. "jesus christ, you copying my old hair color now?" i roll my eyes and walk up to him, pulling him into a hug.

"nice to see you too my criminal daughter." he hugged me back. we pull away a couple seconds later. joey and i pull a seat in front of my father and sit down.

"what do you want hector?" joey asked and he rested his hand on his cheek. "i'm not giving you anymore money just so you can go back into hiding." my father groaned and sat down at the edge of the desk.

"i've been on the run for two years now, not only will i be facing murder charges, but i run a fucking illegal business and if i get caught then not only will i go down, but so will the rest of you." hector shifted his eyes from joey to me. "you don't really wanna go to prison again do you rowan?"

i looked over at joey. "he's right." joey looked at me confused.

"rowan we cant help your father, it's too risky and we have a two year old daughter." i sigh and look away.

"look unlike hector-" i stood up from my chair. "i choose family over business any day, we'll just let him stay in one of the houses hidden in the hills far away from here." i walk over to the desk and open a drawer, taking some keys out. i hand one of the keys over to hector.

"we need to protect our business too." i nod looking at my father then over at joey. he sighs and shook his head. he stood up from his seat and walked over to the door, opening it. there stood angelica who almost fell but he quickly caught her.

"princess what are you doing?" joey asked as she picked her up.

"i wasn't listening." she shook her head. i laughed a bit.

"holy shit is that-" i nod interrupting hector

"how old is she?"

"two years" i tell him.

joey sighed in frustration and sets down angelica. "baby go with pamela so she can finish doing your hair." angelica nods before skipping out of the room. "and get your dress on!"

"hector just take the fucking key and leave, babe come on we have to go out." i shook my head.

"babe i'm fine with staying home."

he shook his head. "we're going to dinner and that's final!" he says angrily before storming out of the room.

"jesus christ why is he so angry." hector scoffed and crossed his arms.

i took a look at him and then back at the door. what the hell was wrong with joey?